Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Magic the Gathering • Page 60

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Henry, Mar 22, 2016.

1. theagentcoma

yeah good okay Prestigious

My work is slowly bringing people back and I start again on Saturday. Finally will get to talk to people in the scene about what they think of the new stuff.

Shrek and zigbigwig like this.
  2. Shrek

can't be made fun of Prestigious

love it when a plan comes together

zigbigwig likes this.
  3. zigbigwig

I Miss Jake W Prestigious

Fiend Artisan what the hell

that card is going to end up as the most expensive card in this set (if it's not already). it's probably going to push golgari into the meta.

this is why it's so hard to get up to speed with paper magic

4. Henry

Moderator Moderator

Lurrus is the only card with a higher price right now. Both of them are absurd.

5. zigbigwig

feel like all the tier decks have some expensive cards in them and they are changing constantly.

simic has uro and thassa
    black splashes have fiend artisan, lurrus, kroxa
    red only has embercleave (but i'm so tired of playing red haha)
    fires probably has some expensive cards too

i kinda miss the standard where there were tier 1.5-2.0 decks that were still affordable. that's one of the reasons why i'm heavily considering just to switch to arena

6. theagentcoma

Yeah the top decks seem to be very mythic heavy

7. Henry

Moderator Moderator

whats the point of workshop if its just me getting fucked up for 10 straight games trying to make mutate work?

8. Shrek

use code fnmathome in Arena for a free cosmetics pack

theagentcoma likes this.
  9. Henry

Moderator Moderator

theagentcoma likes this.
  10. theagentcoma

I haven't touched Arena since before the Oko ban and when I came back to try it, it was all annoying cat oven decks. I took a look at the top decks in standard the other day and was not surprised to see that the meta is once again dominated by an absurd mechanic.

The cycling deck does look fun, tho. Cheap and fast, which is my kind of deck.

11. zigbigwig

yea zenith flare (or whatever that spell is called) was causing me some problems last time i played

12. theagentcoma May 28, 2020
    (Last edited: May 29, 2020)
    theagentcoma

So who's playing what? I've been getting the urge to play casual kitchen table magic again but who knows when that will happen. And Commander 2020 sold out at work in like an hour, it's been a big hit.

zigbigwig likes this.
  13. Henry

Moderator Moderator

what that

theagentcoma likes this.
  14. theagentcoma

15. zigbigwig

i'm in a bit of MtG slump right now, just because I'm not into Secret Lairs and all the products they've been announcing and how they've been handling things.

Gerry and Brian (hands down my favorite duo when it comes to MtG) did a great job explaining why WotC/Hasbro changing the prize pool retroactively felt scummy and jumping off opportunities from the pandemic: Duplicitous Dealings from Organized Play - Arena Decklists

Tolarian and Wedge have also been very vocal on twitter about some stuff too. Lots to unpack.

16. theagentcoma

Yeah I'm so over the Collector's packs and the variants and mystery boosters and now double masters?? Everything is such a cash grab now.

17. Henry

Moderator Moderator

WOAHHHHH

Screenshot_20200601-133416.png

18. zigbigwig

that is huge. i feel like that downgrades companion and will probably not dominate.

also Agent and Fires being banned means we’re returning to a more familiar form of magic.

bypassing mana like that did feel a bit out of place

theagentcoma and Shrek like this.
  19. zigbigwig

we’re back to simic nissa/krasis again lol

theagentcoma likes this.
  20. zigbigwig

that 3 mana cost sorcery is so huge. i don’t know if they’ve ever had to implement a hotfix like that before

theagentcoma and Shrek like this.
  21. Shrek

yeah this is great. companion mechanic was visibly broken from the very first prerelease weekend. i just autoconcede when i see the signs of an Agent deck.

theagentcoma likes this.
  22. Shrek Jun 1, 2020
    (Last edited: Jun 2, 2020)
    Shrek

don't forget to craft full Agent and Fires sets in Arena by June 4th - you'll get refunded in wildcards

theagentcoma and zigbigwig like this.
  23. theagentcoma

hahahaha whaaaaaattttt

that is hilarious. Three mana?? That cripples the mechanic entirely.

Man Wizards haven't been able to do anything right since Kaladesh

Shrek likes this.
  24. Shrek

it did cripple the mechanic, but it needed to be imo. being guaranteed a v strong card in essentially your starting hand but not really IN your hand so its immune to discards, some as cheap as a three drop, with the only downside being that your opponent knows what you're running, which is usually the case by turn three anyways... i am a firm believer it was bad for the health of the game

but thats just me and im way less experienced so idk

zigbigwig and theagentcoma like this.
  25. Shrek

also a few of those cards are still viable as just regular old cards played from deck