Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Magic the Gathering • Page 6

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Henry, Mar 22, 2016.

1. cwhit

still emperor emo Prestigious

excited to see how standard is shaken up, i'd love to try a grixis artifact control deck or something of the sort. really wanna use that new two drop blue legend with the new counterspells

2. wordzanddreamz

and a millions screams...

Infinite combo with the new mythic artifact

3. nomemorial

you're in a cult, call your dad

What'd you start playing? Just curious.

4. theagentcoma

yeah good okay Prestigious

Star Wars Destiny. I'm all in.

As for MTG, I love this guy:

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

5. nomemorial

Interesting! I've heard a bit about it but my LGS is pretty bare bones in stuff outside of M:tG and more recently Pokémon - I'll have to check it out, I'd love a solid Star Wars TCG.

And YES - this card is phenomenal - if it wasn't Legendary it would be so unreasonably broken.

theagentcoma likes this.
  6. cwhit

yahenni sure loves la dispute

upload_2017-1-7_10-23-15.png

upload_2017-1-7_10-23-21.png

Henry, GettingSodas and theagentcoma like this.
  7. cwhit

pushed up the B&R announcement a week, wonder if this is an emergency emrakul ban, or if they totally missed the new twin in standard combo lol

theagentcoma likes this.
  8. nomemorial

9. zigbigwig

I Miss Jake W Prestigious

If they ban the twin combo so many people are going to be pissed off haha.

Lots of people have been buying the RU walker for insane prices (at least where I'm from).

Really want to get into standard but that would mean giving up my other hobbies (comic books, videogames, etc) just so I can stay competitive. I love and hate MtG so much.

theagentcoma likes this.
  10. theagentcoma

Same^^. I've sold my cards only to jump back in later way too many damn times.

11. cwhit

holy shit

emrakul, copter, reflector mage banned in standard

probe and grave-troll in modern

12. theagentcoma

dammnnn! time to jump back in!

13. nomemorial

Personally bummed about the Git Probe ban - as an Infect player, this is no good, but I don't think it's terribly nerfing overall. Past that, I definitely understand the reasoning.

Kinda glad about the standard bans - surprised, but glad. Maybe I'll jump back into standard FNM soon and see how things are.

theagentcoma likes this.
  14. Borat 2: Vengeance

The Pitbull of Chorus.fm Prestigious

Think I'm going to build U/B Control - the staples will be staples and a lot of the deck is commons/uncommons. Also expecting AER stuff to drop in the coming weeks - no way Fatal Push can be a 4 dollar uncommon. Pays for the MSRP of a pack itself. I said the same thing about Aether Hub and I was wrong so who knows.

15. nomemorial

Basing it on a particular list? I've got Grixis put together but would be interested in reworking it as UB.

16. wordzanddreamz

eh, i think it will stay there. Card is going to see tons of play in Modern.

17. Borat 2: Vengeance

U/B Control, by Jim Davis - A Magic: the Gathering Deck

This is a good start - but I think UB needs a better sweeper - GB gets creatures way out of range quick. So maybe Esper then? Mana is very awkward and I can't make a good mana base for the life of me.

yeah - it's good everywhere frankly. just a lot of money for a card in a set being drafted rn. Is it in the intro packs? That'd be nice.

18. cwhit

yeah, i've been having fun with a sultai tezzeret deck but the manabase is horrific.
    no intro packs anymore, just the planeswalker decks, and it is not in those

also it's getting drafted right now but only for like three months, not even.

19. Borat 2: Vengeance

oh true - forgot about the intro decks. Yeah - I'm going to see if I can get a set for 10 dollars on one of those Facebooks groups. Probably will wait a minute before trying tho.

20. cwhit

i got one in my prerelease sealed pack if you're interested, hah.

MikeyPaine likes this.
  21. nomemorial

Hm. Very close to what I have together, just need a few more Torrential Gearhulks. Will definitely be seeing how this puts up results in the coming weeks.

22. wordzanddreamz

hope you got some loot,cause those fellas went up in price big time.

23. nomemorial

Eesh. Not as bad as they were when Kaladesh came out, though - I'm sure they'll drop back towards $15 in the coming weeks.

24. theagentcoma

Anyone play Frontier? I don't but I'm wondering if any of my stuff that rotated is suddenly worth something because the format appears to be taking off

25. zigbigwig

I Miss Jake W Prestigious

Playing this casually now. Made an improvise deck full of commons/uncommons.

I think it's a solid deck, considering the budget.

theagentcoma likes this.