Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Magic the Gathering • Page 59

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Henry, Mar 22, 2016.

1. zigbigwig

I Miss Jake W Prestigious

let me look at the ikoria archetypes and try to jump on draft. been a while since ive played

2. Henry

Moderator Moderator

theagentcoma and Shrek like this.
  3. Shrek

can't be made fun of Prestigious

boo hoo

4. Shrek

if you dislike that more than black food token decks then i don't even KNOW

5. zigbigwig

RDW has always kept the meta healthy and kept longer grindier games from being a staple so I appreciate that at least (coming from someone who is dominantly a blue player)

and as someone who’s used mono red (and been destroyed by one), ehh it’s fine

theagentcoma likes this.
  6. zigbigwig

losing to mono red the matches are so short so it’s not so bad. losing to nexus some standard sets ago - that is annoying

7. Henry

Moderator Moderator

I guess the one deck that is most annoying to play is GWU planeswalkers. Tefari and Elspeth's Blessing are the worst combo in the game.

8. zigbigwig

!!!!!!!

Shrek likes this.
  9. Shrek

wow not even that expensive

10. Shrek

also re: worst deck, i truly hate the food token/cauldron familiar decks because

1) they take so long to resolve
    2) they take advantage of maybe my one core discrepancy with the mechanics of Magic. it drives me NUTS that you can declare something a blocker, sacrifice it, and it still counts as a blocker in the sense you don't proceed with damage to your target. if it doesn't actually block me it shouldn't count as a blocker and damage should proceed as normal. i understand sacrificing coming first on the stack when i target it with a spell etc but fuck the block logic drives me insane haha

11. Henry

Moderator Moderator

Adding Broodmoth to my life gain deck was the best decision I've ever made.

12. theagentcoma

yeah good okay Prestigious

No matter what the meta is, RDW will always exist in some form lol

Used to be different back in the day when damage stayed on the "stack." But yeah I get what you're saying even if it's been that way for years now.

zigbigwig likes this.
  13. Henry

Moderator Moderator

Just played an oracle deck that confused the fuck out of me until he played it. That is annoying as shit.

14. zigbigwig

premier draft is kinda wonky.

it’s fun to pick with a pool of players, but since you play with players outside that group anyway it’s just the same with bot drafting, and there’s more chances you end up with a worse deck vs when using bots

idk how i feel about it yet

15. zigbigwig

running a gyruda deck in sealed and it’s the best thing ever

16. zigbigwig

oh lol there’s a card that lets you gain protection from cmc odd or even

my gyruda deck just got countered hard lmao

17. Henry

Moderator Moderator

I'm really surprised at how many companion decks I'm seeing.

18. zigbigwig

in my case all my odd drops were horrible so i really had no choice but to make it work. i got to 5 wins which i thought was cool.

currently running an azorius tempo in sealed. 3-0 so far. i didnt get any removals in my pool and my best card is counterspell shark (which i havent even used yet). all 3 matches have been clutch so far lool

24A5E2C0-25CA-4777-9F04-4ADF2C8A054A.jpeg

19. zigbigwig

currently 6-0 and i was finally able to use that shark lmao. such an amazing card

Shrek likes this.
  20. Shrek

feels like all prerelease companion was overlooked big time in favor of mutate, seeing companion take over so hard in just a couple of days has been wild. i really don't know how i feel about it - particularly always having it in your "hand" so to speak.

21. zigbigwig

i thought companion would be weak, but damn after trying it out in draft and sealed i’m a fan.

ugh i still want to play some games but it’s so late. looks like i’m hooked again. i drafted a sealed deck full of bombs and played so badly i ended up 4-3 which tilted me lol

theagentcoma likes this.
  22. Shrek

the new workshop decks in Arena are a lot of fun

23. zigbigwig

there’s an elfball deck in there!!! im gonna try that one out first.

is there any good rewards for participating?

24. Shrek

nope, its always one thing at random from a little gold, a little xp, or an icr. and even that you only earn once. fun way to knock out dailies though

25. zigbigwig

damn you @Shrek for pulling me into this game again. if i lose our pokemon draft i will not be ashamed to use this as my excuse.

i’ve just been playing sealed after work. fortunately i’ve been getting an upward of 4 wins so i am sort of getting back my gems. i have some ikoria 4-of’s now, including the phoenix and 3 copies of shark.

i’ll probably use the icr’s to craft theros cards (unless they make that the quick draft set) because i was completely absent from that meta.

spent a total of 15 bucks (the 3500 gems bundle) this release. so far. hopefully. i still have gems to play more sealed games

Shrek and theagentcoma like this.