Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Magic the Gathering • Page 49

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Henry, Mar 22, 2016.

1. zigbigwig

I Miss Jake W Prestigious

that looks interesting.

lost my next 2 games ugh lol. opp was playing monoblack and i only drew mana dorks. next game i got screwed with 25 lands

2. theagentcoma

yeah good okay Prestigious

At least I got these cool sleeves tho yay

3. zigbigwig

bryan is my favorite person in mtg right now. dude’s hilarious

4. Vase Full Of Rocks

Trusted Supporter

5. theagentcoma

Field of the Dead banned

A new format was announced today too. It's Return to Ravnica through now, I believe. Fetches are banned.

I haven't played Arena in like 5 days after playing every single day for like 6 months. Just isn't fun right now.

zigbigwig likes this.
  6. Henry

Moderator Moderator

Arena kinda stinks when everyone is playing burn.

Tho I did play an Oko deck that really fucked me up.

7. zigbigwig

i only watched a couple of full matches from Mythic Championship V but both were extremely good games.

Javier (gruul smash) vs Jean Emmanuel (bant golos) was sooo fun. i was rooting so hard for gruul to win. crazy that it was specifically a deck made to beat FotD but the matches still felt closer than you would expect.

happy with the FotD ban. hoping Oko doesn’t dominate, hate for another banning too. they really should’ve made the second ability a -1

8. zigbigwig

i would play burn vs bant golos any day

9. theagentcoma

Well get ready for the standard meta to be nothing but turn 2 Oko

In fact don't bother playing any color besides green

John Lopiano and zigbigwig like this.
  10. Vase Full Of Rocks

Trusted Supporter

There's a big reason I don't play standard now haha

11. zigbigwig

there's still chance that won't be the case since Oko was the lesser evil before FotD got banned, so people were still cracking the meta with that in mind

but yeah it definitely could happen. i'm still hopeful. standard is actually pretty good these last few sets imo. i think the introduction of arena just made it that cracking the meta became faster than before, and that's why it becomes stale this quickly

12. zigbigwig

Mengucci is so good, despite the loss

13. Henry

Moderator Moderator

this game got out of control. After this he played something that made all of his tokens angels. He ended up killing himself by accident. lol

upload_2019-10-21_20-29-9.png

Vase Full Of Rocks and zigbigwig like this.
  14. zigbigwig

what’s your list? i’ve been trying to make a lifegain deck. emphasis on trying

15. Henry

Moderator Moderator

oddly enough, this isn't much of a life gain deck. It just went about 80 turns. lol. That is the standard Selesnya deck with some of the uncommon Spark planeswalkers thrown in for their passive abilities. Really like the hexproof guy and the wanderer. Her abilities are real life savers.

16. John Lopiano Oct 22, 2019
    (Last edited: Oct 22, 2019)
    John Lopiano

aka Broken Parachute Moderator

RIP Field of the Dead

42% of the field at Mythic V played a deck centered around Field. The next banned/restricted announcement is in November. I’m curious to see if they address some of the Oko and Simic cards or they just leave it alone. They won’t touch Oko because they need to sell Eldraine but Simic food is going to take over and kind of already has.

theagentcoma likes this.
  17. John Lopiano

Did you notice at the bottom of the banned announcement they wrote something like “We hear all of your concerns around the power of green cards and the acceleration into planeswalkers and we will monitor the standard environment going forward.”

theagentcoma likes this.
  18. theagentcoma

Yeah they're definitely talking about Forest /s

It's Oko. But yeah they're loathe to ban what is a mainstay of the new set, but I bet they will pull the trigger if it's as oppressive as everyone seems to think it will be. 3/3 Elks will be running rampant.

19. zigbigwig

been playing around with some brews as well as simic aggro.

i think the most problematic is Oko and Nissa being in 1 deck because oko handles early game and nissa late game when opp has spent resources killing oko you can just drop nissa worry free. plus hydroid krasis refills your hand which is crazy

theagentcoma likes this.
  20. theagentcoma

zigbigwig likes this.
  21. zigbigwig

ok been thinking about it some more, i wonder if getting rid of goose can be an option vs oko. just thinking out loud, amused by the decks ive been seeing on arena lately but i don’t think i’ve found any that is actually competitive.

theagentcoma likes this.
  22. John Lopiano

I’ve been thinking about trying out Jeskai Fires. I think I would do it with the cavalier cards rather than superfriends.

theagentcoma likes this.
  23. zigbigwig

theagentcoma likes this.
  24. Henry

Moderator Moderator

I played against one of those decks yesterday and was lucky to have Gideon to board wipe lol

zigbigwig and theagentcoma like this.
  25. theagentcoma

I think I'll just play Oko on Brawl and nothing but lands

See how many people I can get to concede before the match even starts