Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Magic the Gathering • Page 48

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Henry, Mar 22, 2016.

1. zigbigwig

I Miss Jake W Prestigious

what’s the list?

2. zigbigwig

theagentcoma likes this.
  3. Henry

Moderator Moderator

Its mostly just the precon Rakdos. I threw in Rakdos, Ob, Lili, Elderspell and Embercleave. Ob seems to be the real game changer for me. It's not that great a card, but has turned the tide a few times, especially against those draw heavy decks.

upload_2019-9-28_17-25-49.png

zigbigwig likes this.
  4. theagentcoma

yeah good okay Prestigious

Yeah I drew up a Rakdos aggro list for the "Play Any Deck" event. Lot of people trying to play new and weird decks and I'm just trying to smash face with Rotting Regisaurs and Rankle

5. wordzanddreamz

and a millions screams...

First was a bust sealed that I 1-2ed with because of some pretty bad luck.

Second was my half of a two-headed giant that we went undefeated in.

71D65555-0459-4A2A-8201-32CF24727FF3.jpeg E364BEF5-9145-47A4-BA89-B434FC7D868C.jpeg

6. theagentcoma

Holy shit that second deck just made itself for you, damn

7. zigbigwig Sep 29, 2019
    (Last edited: Sep 29, 2019)
    zigbigwig

managed to get some copies of the japanese challenger decks.

i grabbed 2 copies of the nissa deck, and 1 copy of the feather. will def help me fill some holes in my collection

these are the decklists and they were selling somewhere between 30 and 40 bucks
    Earth Awakening Deck
    Chanting Dance Deck

theagentcoma likes this.
  8. zigbigwig

theagentcoma likes this.
  9. Henry

Moderator Moderator

this is one of my fave channels.

10. Henry

Moderator Moderator

Vase Full Of Rocks and zigbigwig like this.
  11. zigbigwig

rakdos aggro deck is hilarious.

theagentcoma likes this.
  12. theagentcoma

anyone playing the play any deck event tonight? can't wait to go 0-2

zigbigwig likes this.
  13. zigbigwig

yup my wife keeps asking me how long the event is going to be.

i kept saying it depends bec if i lose the firsr 2 games, then it’s not that long lol

theagentcoma likes this.
  14. zigbigwig

im thinking of playing simic goose is loose because it can consistently grind out games but i think that might be a bad idea bec i’ll have decent MUs vs everything

maybe tweak it slightly to add more questing beasts or something

15. wordzanddreamz

My draft deck from FNM last night 3-0. 6-0 in games.

D6BFDD67-F99F-47D4-873C-E7D61ACA9AAC.jpeg

theagentcoma and zigbigwig like this.
  16. zigbigwig

17. wordzanddreamz

The girl to my left always forces blue black no matter what. So that didn’t hurt.

theagentcoma likes this.
  18. theagentcoma

It's really short this time. Starts at 8 PM Pacific time and only goes for like 36 hours or something.

I feel like it will be a lot of midrange grindy stuff. Expect a lot of Bant Golos, mono black, and Oko/goose nonsense

19. zigbigwig

currently 6-0 in Win Every Card Challenge

been playing grindy games with the goose-oko deck. i didn’t want to go aggro because it’s hard for me to recover with a bad opening hand

last game was a mirror that was super tense. i ended up winning by throwing a 20/21 hydra on the board, which was able to pass through my opp’s 6/7 hydra, manlands into Nissa. fun game.

i feel like opp still had a shot, but he quit a few turns after he/she Oko+1-ed my hydra which made it bigger (but lost trample). pretty sure he did the right play bec then he could’ve chumped every turn. he only needed to draw a krasis to win the game

theagentcoma likes this.
  20. theagentcoma

I went 1-2 with mono black. bad draws and on the play both losses.

Grixis Fires is such an annoying deck

zigbigwig likes this.
  21. natefoundglory

Trusted Supporter

Was on a 3-0 hot streak with Sultai Flash before I had to leave for work, hopefully I can keep that going later. Haven't run into top tier decks yet though, here's hoping it stays that way haha

zigbigwig likes this.
  22. zigbigwig

yea they i played against one in ranked and somehow they had negate every turn.

but it’s a pretty inconsistent deck. ive had games where they were able to play fires and then nothing for the next few turns. Bolas is pretty slow vs hasted things

23. zigbigwig

what black do you splash in? i fought a simic flash but was able to play through 2 quenches in 1 turn. i left the mana for the goose and only accounted for 1 quench so that was lucky lol

ive been in some very tough matches i really hope the next ones are easier.

24. zigbigwig

questing beast is not as bad as i expected. vs wicked wolf/oko the wall of text is negligible

25. natefoundglory

Trusted Supporter

Can't remember fully off the top of my head, but I know Tyrant's Scorn and Assassin's Trophy are pretty crucial. I've seen some lists running that 6-drop serpent as a top end, I might entertain that idea.

zigbigwig likes this.