Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Magic the Gathering • Page 39

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Henry, Mar 22, 2016.

1. Henry

Moderator Moderator

kinda pissed about the packs I opened. Lots of duplicate rares. I got 3 Ugin, 3 Vivien (IN A ROW), 3 Sarkhan. I also got two mythic and three rare wildcards. FUCK THAT.

On a positive note, I got two boar god, the blue god, and a Bolas. Kinda want to build a deck around Bolas but I'm not sure where to start. I haven't given the whole set a good look.

zigbigwig and theagentcoma like this.
  2. zigbigwig

I Miss Jake W Prestigious

just use the grixis shell already out there and add bolas

so painful to cast him though but that card is ridiculous

3. zigbigwig

i cant WAR later because of Avengers. but I kinda want to practice sealed a bit before prerelease. not sure how I’d be able to do that

4. natefoundglory

Trusted Supporter

2 Sealed Decks before work, both Bant Walkers decks. Pretty damn fun though.

theagentcoma and zigbigwig like this.
  5. zigbigwig

any tips? how are having multiple walkers? how frequent are creature removals? and basically how is amass.

any comment is actually appreciated

6. natefoundglory

Trusted Supporter

I got lucky and opened Teferi, Nissa, and Vivien so I kinda just jammed them all into the deck and didn't look back haha.

Some of the uncommon Walkers are essentially Enchantments with upside, so even if things get clogged up, it's not necessarily at a standstill. Removal seemed pretty damn frequent, yeah.

Amass was...annoying to be up against, if your opponent has the right pieces. With Proliferate, I often found myself up against 6/6 Zombie tokens that I had trouble killing.

7. theagentcoma

yeah good okay Prestigious

welp just downloaded Arena

natefoundglory likes this.
  8. theagentcoma

I opened 18 boxes of WAR yesterday. A foil Boar God and pack with a Karn + a foil Karn were the highlights. Back at it today!

Also going to the 2HG prerelease tonight and I'm STOKED. This set looks so fun.

zigbigwig likes this.
  9. zigbigwig

gonna prerelease in 4 hours. can’t wait

theagentcoma likes this.
  10. zigbigwig

went 4-1. very good for a first pre release.

ugin and kefnet as my bombs. and then i got some cool planeswalkers in my rewards

theagentcoma likes this.
  11. zigbigwig

fuuck. just from prerelease alone i got:

- timestamped foil bolas
    - gideon
    - kefnet
    - foil tamiyo
    - jace, nissa, ajani, sarkhan, ugin
    - cool uncommon walkers

theagentcoma likes this.
  12. zigbigwig

like before if anyone has arena codes they’re not planning to use let me know and thanks!

13. theagentcoma

damn these are some sick pulls! we went 2-2 in our 2HG event, no real bombs. Still had fun tho.

zigbigwig likes this.
  14. wordzanddreamz

and a millions screams...

My prerelease deck:

441C76D8-1325-494A-8CD7-C571660391F7.jpeg

theagentcoma and zigbigwig like this.
  15. zigbigwig

lol that’s bs. every card is so good. awesome job.

i played grixis too. grixis is so fun

16. wordzanddreamz

and a millions screams...

I actually only went 2-1 lost a round in turns to my friend where we kept switching for each other’s kefnets. It was wild

17. zigbigwig

haha, kefnet is so good. i was playing a match where my opponent bounced my kefnet so he can cast a discard spell to remove it completely

next turn i attacked with with my taskmaster and paid 2B to bring kefnet back to my hand. the “oh, right” reaction was priceless

18. zigbigwig

i didn’t get that much value from Ugin too. for some reason I didn’t draw him as much as I would like

19. theagentcoma

20. Borat 2: Vengeance

The Pitbull of Chorus.fm Prestigious

Wait what? That’s so cool.

Recently decided I’m going to start building Modern Burn

theagentcoma likes this.
  21. Henry

Moderator Moderator

theagentcoma likes this.
  22. zigbigwig

yeah. disappointed with yuuya. i was a fan

23. theagentcoma

Work has been insane with this release lol. So many Feather commander decks are going to be showing up.

I downloaded Arena the other day but barely played the first intro match. Gonna try to get through the other ones today to get to the game proper.

24. zigbigwig

feather isn’t as expensive as I was expecting it.

i feel like Boros is finally going to get nasty this season. every set they get something that looks it’ll break standard but never really ends up happening.

25. theagentcoma

so I've just been practicing against the CPU on Arena to kill time and gain gold and stuff. Is the gold good for anything other than buying packs?

And what's the easiest way to get better cards without spending money (I probably will soon, just not right away)? Just keep practicing over and over?