Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Magic the Gathering • Page 33

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Henry, Mar 22, 2016.

1. natefoundglory

Trusted Supporter

I run a midrange W/G Goodstuff deck that is essentially half angels, and I can confirm that if that turn sequence is unchecked, I pretty much win.

2. zigbigwig

I Miss Jake W Prestigious

do you have the bodyguard 1 drop?

3. natefoundglory

Trusted Supporter

No, but I feel kind of foolish for forgetting about that...

4. zigbigwig

[​IMG]

wordzanddreamz likes this.
  5. natefoundglory

Trusted Supporter

Can't wait for that thing to ravage Standard.

6. theagentcoma

yeah good okay Prestigious

$15 minimum, immediate staple

7. zigbigwig

I think it's going for 20 now?

So crazy golgari has access to
    - assassin's trophy
    - vraska's contempt
    - cast down
    - ravenous chupacabra

and then
    - jadelight ranger
    - steel leaf (the GGG will be painful though)
    - ghalta
    - vinemare

I'm feeling good about this and mono white (knight of grace, benalia, lyra, shalai, resplendent)

8. Windowsdown Sep 11, 2018
    (Last edited: Sep 11, 2018)
    Windowsdown

Every time the BGx shell gets weaker in eternal formats, they print something like this. Every. Time. Yeah it's a good card and all, but why bother casting powerful threats if your opponent can answer everything so efficiently ?

My local shops are already infested with people who are running piles of removal and little else. The last year of Legacy was a BUG / 4C grindfest.

Meh.

9. zigbigwig

- full leak
    - MTG Arena open beta on the 27th

also hey snoop dogg, if you can design an izzet card what would you make?

SNOOP:
    [​IMG]

theagentcoma likes this.
  10. zigbigwig

theagentcoma and Windowsdown like this.
  11. Windowsdown Sep 24, 2018
    (Last edited: Sep 24, 2018)
    Windowsdown

He's right about everything and I have a ton of respect for him. I'm far from being a pro but I follow the competitive scene a lot and didn't even know Worlds was this weekend before I read Gerry's post. Wizards posts this crap every friday instead of creating content with the pros. They barely hype GPs on their official accounts and they don't even tell you which pros will be attending. The recent Silver Showcase was an insult to all the grinders.

There are a lot of interesting players on the scene, who have been making content on their own for years. If WOTC had better marketing teams, they would understand that they are missing out on a ton of value. There are dozens of insightful and funny podcasts out there.

It'd be so easy to make coverage better too. No waiting screens in between rounds and actual content (post-match interviews, pre-taped videos showing the players' preparations, short vids about the format, tale of the tape videos with stats, etc) being shown. More pros / ex-pros on the coverage teams and less Rich Hagon, BDM and co, who know nothing about constructed formats.

SCG have fewer resources but they do everything right. WOTC need to take a hard look at themselves.

zigbigwig likes this.
  12. zigbigwig

Yeah a lot of the comments in there are just users not knowing worlds has started (including me). It’s crazy because I check for MTG content daily and I STILL did not know.

And a huge fan of Gerry for sure. Massive props.

The Professor had an amusing skit where he was surprised to see that he had more followers and views than the actual MTG account on youtube.

13. wordzanddreamz

and a millions screams...

Super excited to play some guilds today. What's everyone's guild of choice. I think Dimir looks great in this set, but through and through I think I'm a Golgari

14. theagentcoma

I'm doing the 2HG prerelease thing again this weekend. I really haven't looked into what guild I should choose. Time to do some research.

15. wordzanddreamz

black has an insane uncommon for 2hg. deals 3 to each opponent and you gain 3 for 4B

16. theagentcoma

I just saw that! Honestly green looks ridiculous in this set. I'm thinking either Selesnya or Golgari.

I didn't even realize until I was halfway through the card image gallery that they only have 5 guilds in this set. I was upset about the lack of Orzhov. Next set!

17. LightWithoutHeat

You're not a teammate on my team

The surveil mechanic feels pushed. I would go dimir or golgari.

18. Windowsdown

Selesnya, as always. I want to play dudes, put counters on my smaller dudes, tap dudes to play bigger dudes. Also, I really want to open Knight of Autumn. I need two foil copies for my Modern deck.

theagentcoma likes this.
  19. zigbigwig

playing draft M19 on arena right now. Man, my deck is packed. Ajani, cleansing nova, gy marshall and some fliers, the knight lord that can gain double strike

20. theagentcoma

21. wordzanddreamz

i've done 4 pre-releases on modo so far. 4-1, 3-2, 3-2 and 4-1. not bad. set is ok so far.

theagentcoma likes this.
  22. theagentcoma

draft or sealed?

23. wordzanddreamz

24. theagentcoma

what guilds have you been using?

25. wordzanddreamz

Mostly dimir. Haven’t been very successful with boros at all