Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Magic the Gathering • Page 31

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Henry, Mar 22, 2016.

1. cwhit

still emperor emo Prestigious

[​IMG]

oooh new lili

theagentcoma likes this.
  2. cwhit

they're pushing the mono color stuff a lot, mono white knights, mono green elves, mono red goblins, mono black zombies are all going to be decks

theagentcoma likes this.
  3. theagentcoma

yeah good okay Prestigious

I was this close to getting back into the game with Dominaria, but my first love will always be tribal. If they continue to push it hard, then I might be looking at a relapse.

nomemorial likes this.
  4. nomemorial

you're in a cult, call your dad

I'm a big fan of this set so far and Dominaria also looks great. Maybe whenever I have a few bucks I can build a mono-color tribal deck. Trying not to go all in with something crazy expensive, but this standard format looks like it will be a lot of what made me love the game to begin with.

theagentcoma likes this.
  5. cwhit

you know you just missed a big tribal block, right?

except ixalan blew

theagentcoma likes this.
  6. cwhit

depends on if red remains just better than everything else like it has been for the last while

7. theagentcoma

yeah wasn't really feeling pirates or vampires or dinosaurs, as cool as they are in theory. I did like the merfolk angle, but it wasn't the cheapest. This mono color stuff seems like it could be budget friendly (except for red)

8. cwhit

the lands in standard aren't that expensive, price of cards is totally driven by play for the most part. if a deck is good and has good, powerful cards, it'll probably be expensive

9. theagentcoma

I don't want to play good decks, I want to play gimmicky FNM decks that my opponents aren't prepared for lol

cwhit likes this.
  10. cwhit

sold!!!!

theagentcoma likes this.
  11. theagentcoma

anyone do any prerelease events for M19? My friend and I did the 2HG event last night and went 2-1. Pulled a Tezzeret. I really missed core sets.

zigbigwig likes this.
  12. Windowsdown

Nah. I'm less and less excited about new sets as time goes on. 2HG is always fun though, how was the format ?

Also, does anyone play Modern or Legacy in this thread ? :eh:

13. zigbigwig

I Miss Jake W Prestigious

Most of my decks are standard (but rotating in October), so I guess they're modern legal too. :P

Playtesting the UB Improvise deck and I love it a lot. It's a different level of satisfaction when you get tons of artifact on the board by the time The Antiquities War triggers for the 3rd time, haha.

14. theagentcoma

Sealed was slow as hell. Really felt that Core Set basic mechanics playstyle. No special keywords or synergies, basically gum up the board until someone plays a bomb. Still had fun! Especially when I got Tezz's ultimate off.

15. wordzanddreamz

and a millions screams...

Its funny you mention this. I grind drafting and sealed on magic online and in the 3 days of prerelease weekend I saw more plansewalkers ultimated than I had in the 6-9 months of limited.

theagentcoma likes this.
  16. zigbigwig

17. zigbigwig

Btw wizards sent invite codes for mtg arena to current players. If anyone wants one let me know

18. Henry

Moderator Moderator

theagentcoma likes this.
  19. zigbigwig

Really enjoying MTG Arena now. So much better than it was when it first released. For people who have no time or money playing paper, I highly suggest this alternative.

theagentcoma likes this.
  20. zigbigwig

I've been running mono black zombies and it is ruthless. A godhand would make an opponent quit by T4.

Having 12 lords (if you count lil's mastery as a lord) in a deck is ridiculous. I switched because I've been having a hard time fighting mono-green ramp. So far I have good MUs against them.

theagentcoma likes this.
  21. theagentcoma

I would love to play Zombies but the deck is gonna fall apart come rotation

22. zigbigwig

Budget Magic: $89 (35 Tix) Zombies (Standard)

Financially it’s not that bad so I guess that is the upside. But looks like I’m running a different (and looking at it cheaper) version on arena.

Plus if you’re already playing standard chances are you already have the deserts and the removals

theagentcoma likes this.
  23. LightWithoutHeat

You're not a teammate on my team

I'd like to petition wizards to create a set with Rebecca Guay as the exclusive artist. Rinse and repeat for all the greats.

Windowsdown likes this.
  24. Windowsdown

I would love it. She's my favorite artist in the game. Terese Nielsen is a close second. Wanting a set might be a bit unrealistic but it'd be great to have a cycle of five actual good cards, one for each color, designed by Rebecca Guay.

25. nomemorial

you're in a cult, call your dad

Anyone got plans to build something cool that's mostly rotation-proof/anyone currently playing something that doesn't lose much at rotation? I've had a few people suggest going UW Control or maybe Mono-Green, but I just miss playing and really want to build something that's decent, but not gone in a few months.