Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Magic the Gathering • Page 28

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Henry, Mar 22, 2016.

1. theagentcoma

yeah good okay Prestigious

Welp, this is it. This is the deck I'm gonna play to get me back into Standard. My friend has pretty much all of the cards and since it's mono colored the land base is super inexpensive.

MTG Deck: Stompy Daniels

2. zigbigwig

I Miss Jake W Prestigious

haha that looks fun. Steel Leaf is a bit expensive for me right now so I might not be able to give that a go.

theagentcoma likes this.
  3. theagentcoma

I managed to pull one for my promo and my buddy got another one so I'm halfway there. It's literally the card that made me want to play this deck.

zigbigwig likes this.
  4. cwhit

still emperor emo Prestigious

my sealed pool was absolutely horrible, heh. didn't even get a cool brawl commander out of it

5. zigbigwig

I already bought a commons/unc set and just waiting for it to arrive. I might just add extra for some rare wizards/knights and hit FNM

theagentcoma likes this.
  6. theagentcoma

I've always been a huge tribal guy in MTG so Wizards and Saprolings look pretty fun right now

7. cwhit

Drafting tonight, we’ll see!!!

8. cwhit

easy 3-0 with a RW aggro, no rares, lol. fun format though

gonna try to make a tatyova brawl deck

theagentcoma likes this.
  9. theagentcoma

I met a guy who doesn't really have a lot of time in his schedule to get out and play. He's not interested in playing constructed events, just casual. He had all the sealed theme decks from the original Ravnica so we met last night and played with them. The Orhzov and Izzet decks were particularly fun!

10. wordzanddreamz

and a millions screams...

Playing the SCG Team Open this weekend in Baltimore. Don't have a ton of time to test so I'm just playing RG monsters as the standard member of my team. Wanted something I'm just familiar with.

11. zigbigwig

good luck! Sounds fun.

Phoenix is so expensive right now so RG is kind of out of my reach haha.

12. cwhit

If I wasn’t away this weekend I thought about going to do side events. Good luck! I’ll look for you in the standings!

13. wordzanddreamz

We ended up going 6-3 and barely missing day 2. Finished 38th

zigbigwig, cwhit and LightWithoutHeat like this.
  14. cwhit

aw man! what did the rest of your team play?

15. wordzanddreamz

Standard: GR Monsters
    Modern: Humans
    Legacy: Aggro Loam

16. zigbigwig

There’s like 7 sets in standard right now. The decks are all over the place.

theagentcoma likes this.
  17. cwhit

happy announcement day, y'all!

18. zigbigwig

Is something happening today?

19. cwhit

zigbigwig likes this.
  20. zigbigwig

21. cwhit

also battlebond spoilers

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

22. zigbigwig

Im attending my first standard ever on Sunday and I’m planning to use a golgari energy deck. If you have any tweaks for it let me know. Important to know that I’m not really keen on buying the more expensive cards right now (extra Fatal pushes for example) so I was hoping to just get the most value out of the golgari energy.

4 servant
    3 longtusk
    4 glint sleeve
    4 winding
    2 ballista
    2 rishkar
    4 bristling
    3 verdurous

4 blossoming
    1 fatal push
    2 fungal infection
    2 walk the plank
    1 hour of glory

4 foul orchard
    4 aether hub
    7 forest
    7 swamp
    2 hashep oasis

I’m wondering if putting in 4 llanowar elves would be worth it since I only have three 1cmc cards but I’m afraid it might break the energy synergy. Thoughts?

23. cwhit

i don't think the elves matter that much because you don't really have any 3 drops to play on turn 2, the servant does about the same thing.

the only big improvements i can think of are the more costly ones, such as mana improvements (woodland cemetary/blooming marsh), extra removal, etc. seems like a decent shell at least

do you have a sideboard?

24. zigbigwig

right now i have:
    4 duress
    2 lifecrafter's bestiary
    3 cartouche of ambition

And then some generic artifact/enchantment hate, and some more removals.

I don't have Crushing Canopy yet, but I'm thinking of putting 2-4 copies. I'm pretty sure I'd find them in the local store I'll be playing at haha.

I really like Fungal Infection as it stops red/rakdos early game, and in rare cases it's even better than fatal push. Then I have a set of Cast Down, but I'm trying to figure out what to take out. But if I take out walk the plank I won't have proper removal for lyra and the legendaries. Sucks that I don't have Vraska's Contempt but nothing I can do about that.

25. zigbigwig

Alternatively I can also make a Rakdos deck, but I'm missing Karn and the Goblin Chainwhirler set and I don't think the deck can work the same without them.