Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Magic the Gathering • Page 23

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Henry, Mar 22, 2016.

1. zigbigwig

I Miss Jake W Prestigious

yeah i'm not really worried about my collection right now, i meant when it finally releases.

2. cwhit

still emperor emo Prestigious

BBE and JTMS unbanned wtf

3. Henry

Moderator Moderator

Cascade is my fave MTG ability ever.

wordzanddreamz likes this.
  4. cwhit

hopefully jace being back doesn't ruin the perfect modern format. we'll see

gonna brew with a temur BBE with ancestral and as foretold

5. LightWithoutHeat

You're not a teammate on my team

Modern has been so great...

I'll wait and see, but Wizards has been doing a great job of screwing up these last few years so I'm expecting this to be a bad decision.

6. theagentcoma

yeah good okay Prestigious

Depending on what it contains, I'm planning a glorious return to Magic with Dominaria

wordzanddreamz likes this.
  7. nomemorial

you're in a cult, call your dad

I sold my foil BBE and both copies of JtMS last month after holding out forever. Such is life.

8. zigbigwig Feb 13, 2018
    (Last edited: Feb 13, 2018)
    zigbigwig

i was searching for deck builds on the internet, and as my SO saw what I was doing, in the most innocent and accidentally condescending way she says, "How To Build A Dinosaur. Hmm." - the title of the first search result

I was going to explain the context but I feel like the damage has been done - to her in that moment I was a 26 year old full grown person who truly wanted dinosaurs to exist to the point that I was exploring (ha, see what i did there) the internet trying to find a way to make that happen.

nomemorial and theagentcoma like this.
  9. theagentcoma

It's over. She now knows you've always wanted to be a paleontologist. Might as well embrace it.

zigbigwig and nomemorial like this.
  10. nomemorial

you're in a cult, call your dad

[​IMG]

11. zigbigwig

theagentcoma and nomemorial like this.
  12. cwhit

zigbigwig and theagentcoma like this.
  13. natefoundglory

Trusted Supporter

Damn some of those come with expensive cards. Have they said how much these run for yet?

theagentcoma likes this.
  14. theagentcoma

$30

These are amazing. I might just play Standard again for the first time in over a year. Hazoret and Chandra alone are $20 apiece. Three Gearhulks in the BG counter deck? Sign me up!

15. theagentcoma

What the heck, the vehicle deck has 2 x Aethersphere Harvesters, 4 x Heart of Kiran, and 1 x Skysovereign Flagship.

16. cwhit

the mono red has a chandra and a hazoret

these decks all right now are 70+ dollars of value in a 30 dollar product. standard staples are going to go way down in price

theagentcoma likes this.
  17. theagentcoma

They really are absurd. The cheapest one is $80 in value and the rest are closer to $90.

Challenger Deck Lists

18. zigbigwig

Super excited.

Yeah that would probably nudge me to go standard.

April is so far away though

theagentcoma likes this.
  19. zigbigwig

Preordered all 4. Lol.

theagentcoma likes this.
  20. zigbigwig

I am a huge fan of the standard decks right now so even if they do rotate I’m pretty sure I’ll still have lots of fun with them

Can’t wait to try the second sun deck

theagentcoma likes this.
  21. theagentcoma

so the Second Sun deck plays like control? As in just stall/control until you can get off a 2nd one and win? Or does it have another wincon? I don't play right now so I haven't seen any of these decks in action

22. natefoundglory

Trusted Supporter

Yes, exactly like that.

23. Borat 2: Vengeance

The Pitbull of Chorus.fm Prestigious

Holyyyy crap those decklists, and I just moved within walking distance to a LGS, I'm so excited, might not wait til April or maybe I will - we will see.

Also

Turns out only one pack was actually sealed and it has a kinda messed up corner but you def can't tell what in it.

cwhit, theagentcoma and zigbigwig like this.
  24. cwhit

yeah second sun decks are the premier control decks in standard, lots of board wipes (that deck is actually missing settle the wreckage which is an important card for surviving), casting a second sun, and either using card draw to get back to the first or having a second one to win. all that matters is that the second one doesn't get countered

25. zigbigwig

It has 1 copy but if you meant it needed a full set for the deck to work then I agree

Also the sideboard has a set of regal caracal which I’ve seen win some games in standard