Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Mae Band • Page 7

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by jeremyfromva, Apr 6, 2016.

1. Lucas27

Trusted

"Our Love is a Painted Picture" has become one of my favorite Mae songs ever. Those last couple minutes are so unbelievably beautiful. I hope it ends up on the record and that outro transitions into another song. That'd be sick. I could totally see them doing an album in the vein of Mew's "And the Glass Handed Kites" where it's just one long song.

nfdv2 likes this.
  2. sonder

eat my shorts, jabronis

same! i'm stoked!

on a side note: really bummed I missed the pressing of the (m)(a)(e) vinyl...those looked gorgeous.

3. sonder

eat my shorts, jabronis

just re-listened to Our Love Is a Painted Picture for the first time since it came out....my god what an absolutely gorgeous song. gave me goosebumps.

Lucas27 likes this.
  4. Lucas27

Trusted

Dat bridge tho.

5. Gooddayz

always and forever

Recently did a discography run, so might as well rank.

The Everglow > Afternoon > Morning > Singularity > Destination: Beautiful >= Evening

Shout out to Tisbury Lane.

sonder and awakeohsleeper like this.
  6. DesolateEarth

Birb

The Everglow > Singularity >Morning > Destination: Beautiful >Afternoon >Evening for me.

7. awakeohsleeper

I do not exist.

I know only two people have commented but is the consensus that (e)vening is the worst part of their discography?! I never would have predicted that. I love Bloom, Seasons and Sleep Well so I've always highly rated it. Not as much as The Everglow but they are three of my favourite Mae songs.

8. SpyKi

You must fix your heart Supporter

Morning > The Everglow > Evening > Destination: Beautiful > Afternoon > Singularity

For me. And none of them are really close.

9. sonder

eat my shorts, jabronis

:heart:

10. milogoestoprison

Anyone listen to the new episode of the Labeled podcast (first of a 2-parter about Mae)? Feeling Destination: Beautiful right now.

awakeohsleeper likes this.
  11. wisdomfordebris

Moderator Moderator

i wonder if jeremyfromva ever became an actor

irthesteve likes this.
  12. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

Great post ^^^

13. Spazzy McGee

Regular

Listened to it all day after the podcast, thought it was great

14. thesollopsist

Pro Sleeper Prestigious

Loveeee Tisbury Lane. Been repping this bands' shirts all the time lately. When they announced they were breaking up years ago I bought like 8 variants they had.

and I used to think I loved the Everglow the most, but I now think I prefer (m)orning. The fishermen song really helps me through the shit sometimes. This band will always be so special to me. Would love them to tour the uk

15. awakeohsleeper

I do not exist.

I remember seeing them open for Coheed & Cambria and mewithoutYou in Manchester back in 2005 - it was fantastic. Can’t imagine them ever coming back at the moment. But we can dream!

(e)vening is fast becoming my go to. Just a diverse record. Need to listen to them more - they’re a summer time band for me!

thesollopsist and Gooddayz like this.
  16. nfdv2

Trusted Prestigious

Popping in to say evening is the best

17. Jusscali

Synth-Bop Enthusiast Prestigious

Where’s this new music brooooo

18. thesollopsist

Pro Sleeper Prestigious

Oh wow what a gig! I'm very jealous of you there. Sounds like a very good night to me!

You're so right about them being a summertime band. Always tend to dive back in as the sun starts coming out.

Also super super stoked for new music from them.

19. Spazzy McGee

Regular

(m)(a)(e) hits it all for me, it's hard not to listen to the entire trio all the way through

awakeohsleeper and anonimito like this.
  20. awakeohsleeper

I do not exist.

I really enjoyed the Labelled podcast by the way. Very interesting.

21. Gooddayz

always and forever

What they talk about?

22. awakeohsleeper

I do not exist.

It was about the first few years from Dave’s perspective and then a breakdown of each track from Destination:Beautiful.

sonder likes this.
  23. Gooddayz

always and forever

Oh interesting. Any talk on a new record?

24. awakeohsleeper

I do not exist.

Not that I remember. It’s the Tooth & Nail podcast so mainly focussed on the past.

25. sonder

eat my shorts, jabronis

Thanks for reminding me this is still out there. Need to give it a listen.