Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Mae Band • Page 2

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by jeremyfromva, Apr 6, 2016.

1. awakeohsleeper

I do not exist.

I don't think I've actually heard (m)orning. Only bought (a)fternoon & (e)vening!

Chase Tremaine likes this.
  2. Tyler

Regular Supporter

All Everglow all the time always. Good time beach party.

3. Gooddayz

always and forever

(a)ftermoon never seems to get much love. Songs like In Pieces and Communication are among their best. (m)orning is still my favorite from that series though, I never got much into (e)vening.

4. Lucas27

Trusted

Absolutely. People say the songs on (a)fternoon drag on too long and are boring but man. I don't get bored and it's crazy considering how long those tracks are. "In Pieces" is Everglow-level goodness.

Gooddayz and Chase Tremaine like this.
  5. Everyone's giving you a hard time but I also think Singularity is Mae's best full-length.

6. (A)fternoon might be my favorite of those EPs but I love them all

Gooddayz likes this.
  7. suburban myth

Rock-n-Roll Pizzeria Prestigious

Oh yeah - in pieces & the cure are probably my favorite songs from that whole (M)(A)(E) series.

Chase Tremaine and Gooddayz like this.
  8. Gooddayz

always and forever

Man that's a shame. The only one I think drags a little is The Fight Song, but I still think it's great.

9. Gooddayz

always and forever

Glad to see In Pieces getting some love cause man that's one of my favorites. Such a blissful song

10. FTank

Prestigious Prestigious

Glad I'm not totally crazy haha. Do you like their other material at all? I just haven't been able to get into it.

11. chhholly123

i’ve been meaning to tell you

I loved their first two albums but they kinda lost me after that. I tried to get into the morning, afternoon, evening, but i just wasn't feeling them. The Everglow is definitely one of those defining albums for me, though.

12. I do. I don't care much for Destination: Beautiful, but Destination: B-Sides was actually one of the albums that got me into the whole absolutepunk scene. Oddly enough. Mae's music overall has aged really well for me. I like and "get" Everglow now more than I did when it released. I hated Singularity when it came out and now I think it's their best. I also hate the (m)(a)(e) EPs when they first came out and it took a while for those to settle in. I now love most of the songs from those sets. But Singularity stands out from the pack as a very different beast, so it makes sense to me that you can love that album and nothing else.

13. suburban myth

Same here!

14. Gooddayz

always and forever

Tisbury Lane is soooo good

15. FTank

Prestigious Prestigious

suburban myth and Chase Tremaine like this.
  16. Maybe A dozen.

dead_fm and suburban myth like this.
  17. suburban myth

18. Lucas27

Trusted

Thank you, Tobias. :)

FTank likes this.
  19. DesolateEarth

Birb

The Everglow is my personal favorite, but I heavily disagree with everyone calling Singularity bad. It's a fun and catchy pop rock album with some really good jams. (M)orning is fantastic too. "Boomerang" and "Two Birds" are wonderful.

Chase Tremaine and Gooddayz like this.
  20. Damien Davies

Idk Maybe Supporter

(M)orning is great. "The House That Fire Built" is fantastic.

The Everglow didn't resonate with me until I listened to it through my cars sound system. The music coming at me from all angles sent chills down my spine; It's definitely an album you need to experience, and not just listen to.

Gooddayz likes this.
  21. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

I think that (m) > (a) >(e)

22. Meerkat

human junk drawer Prestigious

I completely forgot how great "Suspension" is

23. Mae was my first 18+ show. Something happened and they were super late getting to the venue, didn't go on until like midnight. Ended up being worth the wait. I still consider The Everglow one of my favorite albums.

edit: They had been robbed the previous night in Philly: Band Mae robbed, van and belongings stolen - Blast

24. jorbjorb

7 rings

I love this band.

25. SLADE775

RiverCityScumbags Prestigious

[​IMG]

dead_fm and Chase Tremaine like this.