Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Mae Band • Page 18

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by jeremyfromva, Apr 6, 2016.

1. jeremyfromva

It's growing on me. I like the lyrics.

2. Gooddayz

always and forever

Saw Mae live last night and it was incredible! Dave is such a stand up guy. After the show they came back and played a three song acoustic set for us which ended with Tisbury Lane. It was magical.

3. Dog Fish

Mutt

I was so excited for the new record until I heard "the overview." seriously, fuck that song.

Jusscali likes this.
  4. Jusscali

Synth-Bop Enthusiast Prestigious

True Dat

5. NitrateDawn

Regular

Seriously doubt the rest of the album will sound like The Overview

Joel Gustafson and Jusscali like this.
  6. contra11mundum

I hate spoilers. Supporter

I enjoy 5 Light Years quite a bit, as well as Our Love is a Painted Picture. Hoping for more songs like those.

Spazzy McGee likes this.
  7. Gooddayz

always and forever

5 Light Years translates so well live. I'm still confident this is going to be amazing.

8. Lucas27

Trusted

The track list is suddenly switched on Apple and Amazon where Kaleidoscope is the opening track instead of closing track. Weird. I wonder why.

Spazzy McGee likes this.
  9. Jusscali

Yeah they should switch it again and dump tf out of that last released track lolololol

10. Lucas27

Trusted

Well I love The Overview and there ain’t nothin anyone can do about it.

beachdude, Gooddayz and Spazzy McGee like this.
  11. Jusscali

Shoulda left that shit for another wack schematic album when they are done again

irthesteve and SpyKi like this.
  12. SpyKi

You must fix your heart Supporter

I still haven't even listened to that song but yeah Schematic sucked.

13. cyclones_37

I built this vessel and it could capsize anytime Supporter

2019 tour dates are posted, looks like just west coast shows for now

upload_2018-11-27_13-8-6.png

14. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

Very possibly going to the LA date

15. midnightxtaylor

Regular

Wow, Doug Fir Lounge is getting all the good shows this winter. That's the day before the two nights of Thursday, too. Hmm not sure how much I want to do three nights in a row in January.

16. pre-ordered the vinyl edition of the new album - would really appreciate it if someone could hook me up with the 'experiential' LP when that's sent out, since there was never any option to get that with the vinyl pre-order. (which was a serious oversight imo)

awakeohsleeper likes this.
  17. Spazzy McGee

Regular

Ditto

18. At least the album download is lossless so I can get in on some FLAC goodness while my LP is in transit!

19. Michael Belt

metadata incarnate Supporter

wait, is this lossless download from T&N or somewhere else? been trying to figure out if the download for the experiential album (which for some reason has been pushed back a week) is also lossless. i know it's a different vendor, but i never found out. just kinda makes sense to have them both thay way, y'know?

20. awakeohsleeper

I do not exist.

I wonder why it's been pushed back. Maybe to make sure people listen to the 'normal' version of the album first?

21. Michael Belt

i think it might be because they want everything to ship all at once, and according to their IG, they just recently got the VR headsets in.

awakeohsleeper likes this.
  22. I ordered the double LP from Tooth and Nail so yes, it's from them :)

23. Michael Belt

interesting. i didn't know T&N offered lossless download options through their store. hope District Lines does the same.

24. It's WAV so entirely uncompressed :)

Michael Belt likes this.
  25. Michael Belt

ooh boy, that's awesome. 16-bit or 24-bit?