Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Mae Band • Page 13

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by jeremyfromva, Apr 6, 2016.

1. Jusscali

Synth-Bop Enthusiast Prestigious

I remember hearing “giving it away” on the beach on fourt of July when I was a senior and high school and deciding I wanted to marry my high school sweetheart

Chase Tremaine and sonder like this.
  2. DesolateEarth

Birb

"Our Love Is A Painted Picture" has grown on me a bit, Still not as immediate as the other two, but good nonetheless.

3. DesolateEarth

Birb

that said, Let It Die is classic Mae and such a gorgeous song.

fran.182 likes this.
  4. NitrateDawn

Regular

I’m a little disappointed that Our Love Is A Painted Picture is on the tracklisting because I hate double paying for things haha. I wonder if it will be a different mix or something though.

I put off listening to the new singles more than once because I didn’t want to get hyped for an album when I didn’t even know when it was coming out, I’m kinda sick of hype cycles at this point... but I registered to them and man, they’re great, I really slept on them

AshlandATeam likes this.
  5. Lucas27

Trusted

That song from about 3:20-5:20 is my favorite part of their entire discography.

Chase Tremaine likes this.
  6. jeremyfromva

It's a great track.

7. Album announce this week?

8. Spazzy McGee

Regular

Interesting to see OLIAPP on there but hearing the other two tracks, it fits better imo

9. jeremyfromva

From Mae's Facebook page:

On 9/28, one week from tomorrow, we will be dropping a brand new release on all digital platforms: 3.0 EP.

Follow us on Spotify to hear it the moment it drops.

:: bit.ly/mae-spotify ::

1. Sing
    2. Let It Die
    3. 5 Light Years
    4. A Race for Our Autonomy (Acoustic)
    5. Space
    6. Our Love Is A Painted Picture

10. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

Verrry interestng. 4 songs are on the album, plus an acoustic take, and a b-side (Space)

Spazzy McGee and anonimito like this.
  11. Ben

Trusted Prestigious

not a fan of ep's that are made up of mostly album cuts.

12. Jusscali

Synth-Bop Enthusiast Prestigious

Very cool. Deciding on my mae day package...70 ain’t cheap

13. Lucas27

Trusted

Hmm. Why an EP and not the album I wonder? Is that previous track list still a thing?

14. DesolateEarth

Birb

Strange. This has been a rather interesting rollout of their new music. Hoping we are still getting a full length.

Spazzy McGee and anonimito like this.
  15. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

I think it's honestly a Spotify/streams kinda thing. you see it a TON now where each time an artist releases a new single, it digitally is paired with the previous single, then the third single is paired with the first and second one. The Chainsmokers are a very prevalent example currently where they are releasing one single each month, but it comes packaged as an EP of 1 song, then 2, then 3, up to like... 7 now.

short version: it takes 3 singles, plus what is the next single (Swim) and puts them all in one location on Spotify. Without an EP like this, fans would have to individually find and play each single by themselves

awakeohsleeper and anonimito like this.
  16. jeremyfromva

Maybe we will get more EPs? I don’t see “Tree Climbers” on this or the album. Or maybe it has been renamed?

anonimito likes this.
  17. NitrateDawn

Regular

I'll just buy the one new song and wait then keep waiting on the full album, no skin off my back

18. jeremyfromva

Three new songs

19. NitrateDawn

Regular

Sorry, meant non-album. (And I'm usually not interested in acoustic versions of songs)

20. awakeohsleeper Sep 20, 2018
    (Last edited: Sep 21, 2018)
    awakeohsleeper

I do not exist.

I don’t mind them doing this but would have loved if they confirmed plans for the album too so we know where we all stand.

Spazzy McGee, anonimito and Gooddayz like this.
  21. Gooddayz

always and forever

My thoughts exactly.

anonimito likes this.
  22. Spazzy McGee

Regular

Interested to see how all of this pans out, I am excited for a B side and acoustic track though. The more the merrier for me

23. jeremyfromva

Mae 3.0 is out. Dave also stated the full length album drops in about two months. Interested to get everyone’s thoughts on 3.0. I’ll be listening for the first time on my drive to work today.

24. awakeohsleeper

I do not exist.

Is the album called 3.0 as well?

25. jeremyfromva

I recall it's being called Multisensory Aesthetic Experience