Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Mae Band

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by jeremyfromva, Apr 6, 2016.

1. jeremyfromva

Experience Light, a VR experience from Mae and Tim Fain.

Hopefully there's more to come.

2. SoundwaveUproar

Regular Prestigious

I just want to wake up! I just want to wake UUUuuupppp

Chase Tremaine likes this.
  3. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

4. SLADE775

RiverCityScumbags Prestigious

Who?

#grin

5. irthesteve

That music + visual did actually make me feel calm, but I'm still not exactly sure what it all is

chhholly123 likes this.
  6. Ben

Trusted Prestigious

I remember you from wayyyyyy back in the ap days. I even remember you sending me a leak of Chase This Light and us talking about it on AIM. Really random and you probably don't remember that. Have you not posted in a long time?

7. h8bit Apr 6, 2016
    (Last edited: Apr 6, 2016)
    h8bit

@ghastlyfeline Prestigious

I might not listen to The Everglow all that much anymore (maybe like once a year) but it's up there as one of the most important, impactful albums of my high school years.

edit: listening again now, and We're So Far Away.. that guitar part at the end is so so good.

ChiliTacos likes this.
  8. SLADE775

Would love a new album, minus all this goofy VR hoopla.

9. FTank

Prestigious Prestigious

First checked this band out last summer -- I only like Singularity, couldn't get into the other stuff

10. SLADE775

You're messing with me, right?

11. FTank

Prestigious Prestigious

Nah haha. Everglow and Destination: Beautiful bored me. Singularity, while generic, is an enjoyable listen

12. irthesteve

What?

Larry David likes this.
  13. SLADE775

You're fucking with me.

14. FTank

Prestigious Prestigious

Don't think it's that hard to understand, I didn't grow up with the band so I don't have any nostalgia associated with any of their albums... and beyond that it's just different strokes haha

15. SLADE775

so you mean to tell me that you're serious...

16. Lucas27

Trusted

If you haven't done this, "The Everglow" really does warrant a very focused listen. I remember hearing people rave about it back in the day but I didn't fully understand until it all hit me on one listen. The brilliance of the album is definitely more subtle than most, but it's probably the only initially boring album that I now consider one of my favorites of all time.

"Singularity" is probably their weakest in my eyes, but I am with you about "Destination: Beautiful" not being my favorite. It's a pleasant album but don't think it's anything spectacular. You should definitely check out "(m)orning," "(a)fternoon," and "(e)vening" though. Don't see how anyone could be bored by those records. "(m)orning" is the closest they ever got to "Everglow" level epicness in my eyes.

17. FTank

Prestigious Prestigious

Yeah, I'm pretty sure that was clear

18. SLADE775

Singularity is a blunder. It's a bad album, I think the band themselves even admits this. The Everglow is a unique album and may not appeal to everyone, but Destination Beautiful is a masterpiece. It is a perfect album. So uh, maybe another listen is in order.

dead_fm likes this.
  19. FTank

Prestigious Prestigious

Subjectivity is great, huh?

20. skoopy

Regular

I enjoy Singularity as well, but no way in hell is it up there with The Everglow. (m)orning and (e)vening are much better as well.

21. FTank

Prestigious Prestigious

never listened to (m)orning (e)vening or (a)fternoon

22. FTank

Prestigious Prestigious

I'll check it out again. Thanks for being the one person in here who's taking me seriously haha.

23. SLADE775

I don't follow......

24. awakeohsleeper

I do not exist.

The Everglow is my favourite. I really enjoy (e)vening too.

25. nfdv2

Trusted Prestigious

Just Let Go is great, but yeah Singularity is their consensus worst album. It was the first Mae record I ever heard tho and I get the appeal. Everglow is that piano pop rock sound done to perfection. (m)orning and (e)vening are masterpieces.