Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Mae to Release 3xLP • Page 2

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Oct 5, 2016.

1. efp722

Regular

Same!

CMilliken likes this.
  2. efp722

Regular

Well the "limited first press" has been updated again (originally 300, then 500) to 750

3. I was about to post this. Good for them! Might as well respond to consumer interest like this. I'd rather more people get to have the product than for me to have something that's "more rare"

atticusfinch and CMilliken like this.
  4. efp722

Regular

Same, very happy that more people will be able to get this. At only $50 too. I was very surprised by the low price. They definitely could have charged more and still have sold just as many.

Buuuut since it is a supposedly a limited run, I would love for them to be numbered.

Chase Tremaine likes this.
  5. Agreed. Except I wouldn't call $50 cheap. Even for a limited run triple, I was expecting $35-40. Perhaps I'm naive, but this feels like a Hot Topic/Urban Outfitters-range price tag

CMilliken likes this.
  6. CMilliken Oct 5, 2016
    (Last edited: Oct 5, 2016)
    CMilliken

Trusted

I was thinking 40 but gladly spent the 50 as Mae is one of my favorite bands. Also love seeing the support they are getting on this! The note also sounded very positive for future Mae material. Excited.

7. efp722

Regular

I honestly was expecting between $60-70. Most releases are between $20-25 these days for just one record, and here we are getting 3. I'd say $50 is a steal.

CMilliken and Chase Tremaine like this.
  8. hermanthehermit

Paris, Texas Climate Accord Supporter

Is it showing as sold out for anyone else? :(

9. I was shocked by the new ending of "Over & Over." That whole song sounded entirely re-recorded

10. efp722

Regular

I am noticing a lot of remixed potions of songs with parts that were either buried in the mix last time or recorded new and recently added.

It's lovely.

Chase Tremaine and CMilliken like this.
  11. atticusfinch

Together We'll Fight the Long Defeat Supporter

This is so refreshingly good.

12. CMilliken

Trusted

Pretty sure the first press is officially sold out. Bumped from 300 to 500 and capped at 750.

13. CMilliken

Trusted

Is anyone else having an issue with track 13 (A Quiet Evening/Bloom) skipping towards the very end? Just heard that this morning. Might have to reimport the files or something.

14. efp722

Regular

No issues here.

atticusfinch and CMilliken like this.
  15. efp722

Regular

It's at the end of Sleep Well, so it's still there. they resequenced the album and honestly, I prefer Seasons as the last track. It makes for a very nice epilogue to the entire album.

atticusfinch likes this.
  16. CMilliken

Trusted

Guess I'll try Re-downloading it. Thanks!

17. efp722

Regular

Good luck! If it doesn't work for you, let me know. I can send you the track via dropbox.

CMilliken likes this.
  18. gbuffers

England.

That's awesome - thank you so much for the heads up.

Probably the one I want on vinyl most now. Even yesterday I was toying with the idea of snapping it up for $100+ so this is awesome news to my ears and wallet

19. CMilliken

Trusted

No problem. Spartanrecords.com says orders will go live in November. I've thought about spending the $100+ several times too.

20. gbuffers

England.

I'm sure you've received the email but just to let you know the pre-orders have gone up! Haven't been this excited about a vinyl release in a while.

I opted for the 'Anything' package - looks amazing!

CMilliken and hermanthehermit like this.
  21. hermanthehermit

Paris, Texas Climate Accord Supporter

I grabbed the 'Anything' variant as well. Can't wait!

CMilliken likes this.
  22. CMilliken

Trusted

Yep. I ordered the same one. Debated back and forth with the rarer Breakdown variant but opted for the cooler looking Anything variant.

23. CMilliken

Trusted

Seems to be the popular variant.

24. gbuffers

England.

I thought that too - I thought about it - time was I'd always spring for the rarest option (or all options). But as I've gotten older (and more sensible with money) I tend to just go with whatever I like the look of best. They look absolutely amazing in the pictures, I hope they live up to that when they arrive!