Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Mae – “Our Love Is A Painted Picture”

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Feb 14, 2017.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

Mae’s new 7″ featuring two new songs, “Our Love Is A Painted Picture” and “Light,” is now up for pre-order. You can stream “Our Love Is A Painted Picture” below.

2. artbynickferran

nickferran.com

Man, I could not be more excited that this band is back. New song is fantastic.

3. It's a weird one, but I love it! I hope everyone else does, too.

Anyone who became a fan of the morning/afternoon/evening series (which took me a few years to come around to) should be trained at this point to expect just about anything from this band.

CMilliken and artbynickferran like this.
  4. CMilliken

Trusted

Love the new song. It really has a (m)(a)(e) vibe to me. Would fit right on any of those EPs. Ordered the 7". Excited they are making music again. Can't wait to see what's next!

Chase Tremaine likes this.
  5. Damien Davies

Idk Maybe Supporter

These guys have been teasing a new album for like 2 years now.

6. I wouldn't say teasing a "new album" for years, but they've been teasing new songs for almost two years. During the Everglow 10 year tour, they told audiences to expect new song once the tour was over. It never came.

7. Damien Davies

Idk Maybe Supporter

I was so bummed when they cancelled the Australian leg of that tour. They haven't rescheduled it yet either, and I bet when they do, they'll skip my city.

8. Dang, I'm sorry to hear that :/ If I run into Dave soon, I'll tell him to go to your town!

Damien Davies likes this.
  9. Mattww

Regular

Really enjoyed this. First time listening to mae, where do I go next?

MegT585 and Chase Tremaine like this.
  10. James McKenzie

How do I chorus.fm?

Truly excellent song, always a bit skeptical hearing something new from a band who've been away for a while but this is really good stuff.

I'd check out The Everglow, over a decade old now but still holds up as a fantastic record.

MegT585, CMilliken and Chase Tremaine like this.
  11. contra11mundum

I hate spoilers. Supporter

This is a very immersive, beautiful song.

12. I agree, Everglow is probably your best place to start.

James McKenzie likes this.
  13. CMilliken

Trusted

Yep... like everyone has said The Everglow. Fantastic album.

James McKenzie likes this.
  14. The Format

Regular

Destination Beautiful is their best work -

15. Mattww

Regular

Thanks everyone, I'll check out everglow......

CMilliken and James McKenzie like this.
  16. fran.182

Regular Prestigious

Missed them so much.

Hopefully there's a full length after the 7... Mae is one band from this scene I could see releasing its masterpiece this late in the game (even though topping The Everglow would be hard as hell).

17. GageStillAlive

Still Alive Supply Co. Supporter

So excited they're making music again. Love Dave's voice.

18. Bartek T.

D'oh! Prestigious

That's my favorite output by them actually! Loved the idea right away, it was one of the most clever concepts ever ;D ..and I like this new one a lot too!

19. Hey friend!

It's funny, because "mae" was always an acronym: originally it was multisensory aesthetic experience. So to see them turn that around was, yes, clever. However, I haaaated the project when it first came out. Those 3 EPs were released in, what, 2009-2011? I don't think I came around to any of them until 2012, though.

20. Bartek T.

D'oh! Prestigious

Hey ;D glad you came around to them in the end somehow - for me the first one was already stunning, loved the concept - too bad I've never caught a chance to see the physical release for it, which supposedly had some scent on it or something. And then I remember I really loved the 'Seasons' piano pieceses on the third EP, I played the hell out of it at work back then.

21. If you're interested, the band just announced a re-pressing of the series on vinyl!

(m)(a)(e) 3xLP

And yeah, I would often do homework in college listening to "Seasons" on repeat.

22. Bartek T.

D'oh! Prestigious

Thanks for the link, I've just started collecting vinyl since my friends got me my first unsolicited copy for birthday heh ;D anyways it's a bit more difficult to order here to Poland, the shipping usually ruins it ehh. I'll consider it maybe, though I was always interested in how do they look separately on CD, and how do they smell hah ;D

23. contra11mundum

I hate spoilers. Supporter

This song is absolutely gorgeous.

24. Lucas27

Trusted

Holy cow, dude! Me too! #friendshipgoals

Actually the entirety of the (m)(a)(e) EPs are really helpful when it comes to homework.

25. Evan

Anyone no if these guys have a release date for their new album?