Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Mae – “Let it Die”

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Aug 16, 2018.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

Mae have debuted their new song “Let it Die.” The song is from the band’s upcoming self-titled album. The full press release can be found below.

American rock band, MAE, is exclusively premiering their single “Let It Die” today via Billboard. The track is the second single off of their forthcoming self-titled record, produced by lead vocalist Dave Elkins. The highly anticipated record is due out this fall via Tooth & Nail Records, who MAE recently re-signed with. “Let It Die” will be available tomorrow on all streaming services, but in the meantime, give it a spin here: https://bit.ly/2waQkZP.
    On the track, Elkins shares, “One thing that makes little sense to the brain but can flow out of abundance from the heart simultaneously is love, and with that love, forgiveness and grace. Life is short and life is also long. To view it through the paradoxical lens of forgiveness and to see all relationships and humanity this way first has to play a huge part of the pursuit of real love. Everything can become more beautiful and truer even through pain. That seemed to me like a cool theme for a mid tempo catchy Mae song: the riddle and the renewal of forgiveness.”

(m)ultisensory (a)esthetic (e)xperience, more commonly known as MAE, is an ever-evolving music and art project formed in 2001. The band has done it all – from signing with established labels to self-releasing music. In 2009, the band even released a set of EPs on their own label entitled Cell Records, in which all proceeds benefited Habitat for Humanity and DonorsChoose.org.

With a critically acclaimed career spanning over 1600 concerts on 4 continents and 8 studio record selling in excess of 500,000, MAE consistently weaves together expansive cinematic soundscapes for the emerging global culture. Born out of funded academic research on the relationship between color and sound, MAE uses its music as a starting point to extend the concept of harmony to include other sensory languages and place listeners inside of an experience of art for the whole body.

MAE have shared the stage with iconic bands such as Weezer and The Foo Fighters, toured worldwide, and have performed everywhere from the Vans Warped Tour to the United Nations. MAE also made history when they placed 700 people inside of a group virtual reality experience while they closed out the Forbes Under 30 Summit in Jerusalem’s Tower of David.

MAE’s previous album Singularity came in at #40 on the Billboard Top 200 Chart, #12 on the Billboard US Rock Chart, #13 on the Billboard US Alternative Chart, and #40 on the Billboard US Digital Chart.

MAE will be hitting the road this fall in support of the upcoming record, kicking off in Nashville and closing in their home state of Virginia. The band will also be adding in special VIP Mae Day events that will include “a fully immersive experience to engage your whole body and mind into a work of art. It’s a chance for us to build community through the experience and narrative of this album. You are coming to share a meal with the band, acoustic performance, virtual reality one-on-one experience and more for every single person that attends.”

Oct 06 – Nashville, TN @ The High Watt
    Oct 07 – Nashville, TN @ Schematic Studios (MAE Day)
    Oct 09 – Chicago, IL @ Chubas (MAE Day)
    Oct 10 – Pontiac, MI @ The Pike Room
    Oct 11 – Millvale, PA @ Mr. Smalls Theatre (MAE Day)
    Oct 13 – Boston, MA @ Middle East – Downstairs
    Oct 14 – Brooklyn, NY @ Knitting Factory
    Oct 18 – Philadelphia, PA @ TBD (MAE Day)
    Oct 19 – Philadelphia, PA @ The Foundry
    Oct 20 – Vienna, VA @ Jammin Java
    Nov 08 – Durham, NC @ Motorco Music Hall
    Nov 09 – Atlanta, GA @ The Masquerade
    Nov 10 – Orlando, FL @ The Social
    Nov 11 – Ft. Lauderdale, FL @ Revolution
    Nov 14 – Houston, TX @ Warehouse Live Studio
    Nov 15 – Dallas, TX @ Curtain Club
    Nov 16 – Austin, TX @ Mohawk
    Nov 17 – Austin TX @ TBD (MAE Day)
    Nov 18 – Little Rock, AR @ Revolution Music Room
    Nov 23 – Norfolk, VA @ The NorVa
    Nov 24 – Norfolk, VA @ TBD (MAE Day)

jorbjorb likes this.
  2. I am so very here for this.

stringerebrock and m9tt like this.
  3. m9tt

heaven knows what i am

That was amazing.

4. stringerebrock

Man, Mae just does something to my soul - for some reason they give me that feeling not many other bands can. Loving this.

CMilliken and Chase Tremaine like this.
  5. GetUpAndrew

Constant horror and bone-deep dissatisfaction.

This is exactly how I've imagined they would've sounded in 2018. Song's a gem, thank you Mae.

CMilliken and Chase Tremaine like this.
  6. jorbjorb

7 rings

Yes.

7. Ryan

Might be Spider-Man...

How stupidly under the radar/consistent are these guys? So stoked

Carouselboy and CMilliken like this.
  8. CMilliken

Trusted

Mae is my favorite band. I don’t know what else to say. Their music just connects in a way few other bands do.

Carouselboy, Ryan and jorbjorb like this.
  9. contra11mundum

I hate spoilers. Supporter

Both new songs are top notch Mae. Very excited for this.

10. chilllll

Regular

sounds good!

11. Bartek T.

D'oh! Prestigious

Top notch it is, it just sounds so sweet and just right.

Carouselboy likes this.
  12. thecobrakais

Regular

magical.

13. CyberInferno

Line below my username Supporter

Looking forward to seeing this band live for the first time in a couple months. Should be fun.

14. Carouselboy

So stoked on this song. I have always loved Dave's voice and their melodies are consistently top notch