Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Mad Men (AMC) TV Show • Page 9

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Melody Bot, Jan 11, 2016.

1. Dog with a Blog

Same. I really need to get the Blu-ray box set

2. Dinosaurs Dish

Prestigious Prestigious

Still do a yearly rewatch. Got two different friends to watch it all for the first time each this year and they both loved it. :)

3. Jake Gyllenhaal

Wookie of the Year Supporter

As much as I enjoyed the show, every time I rewatch I find my drinking at the office start peaking again.

Dog with a Blog likes this.
  4. Greatest show of all time

5. Dinosaurs Dish

Prestigious Prestigious

6. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

No other show has made me feel how Mad Men does, like Mad Men's best scenes are so far different from other TV series best scenes. The feeling it generates is one of a kind.

Dinosaurs Dish likes this.
  7. OotyPa

fall away Supporter

I feel like Mad Men and The Sopranos are in their own league, and if you love one, then youll definitely love the other.

That and Twin Peaks are the only shows that rival this one. Well... and maybe Rectify and The Leftovers. And The Wire. Heh.

8. kbeef2

Trusted Supporter

I bought the blu ray box set two years ago...I should really get around to watching it at some point

9. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

I need to do Twin Peaks, is it on any streaming service??

10. Dinosaurs Dish

Prestigious Prestigious

I recently just started The Sopranos, only a few episodes in and it hasn't grabbed me yet. I'll keep at it though.

I liked Rectify quite a bit, but went through it all pretty quickly, so it all kind of jumbles together. The goodbye scene in prison still kills me if I watch it.

The Leftovers was pretty good, too.

The Wire is good, but it seemed repetitive to me and I never finished the last season.

Twin Peaks is a whole other animal that I love.

11. Dog with a Blog

First two seasons are on Netflix/Amazon Prime. The movie is on Amazon Prime, and season 3 is just on Blu-ray or showtime

12. Dog with a Blog

Twin Peaks and Mad Men are easily my favorite shows but for entirely different reasons. I feel that, as a whole, Mad Men is the best show I’ve seen. But season 3 of Twin Peaks is the best thing I’ve seen on TV, if that makes sense.

13. kbeef2

Trusted Supporter

Rectify, The Leftovers, and Mad Men are easily my favorite shows of the 2010s

OotyPa likes this.
  14. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

Sopranos will always be #1 in my heart because half the show was shot in my hometown/surrounding towns. My siq brag is that my mom is director of the actual 'Green Grove' where Tony and Paulies mom stay. David Chase's mom actually lived there in the 2000's.

Larry David and kupe like this.
  15. bedwettingcosmo

i like bands who can't sing good Supporter

guess i need to watch rectify.

16. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

Same.

17. Dinosaurs Dish

Prestigious Prestigious

Rectify isn't "perfect" like Mad Men or anything, but it's a very solid show.

18. OotyPa

fall away Supporter

Rectify reminds me of Mad Men in that it’s incredibly character-based. The dialogue is also fantastic.

The Sopranos only gets better as you go on, so anyone starting that should be excited for it to eventually consume your brain.

Twin Peaks... i mean what can I say about it that does it justice? It’s truly an immersive experience. The last season’s beauty and mystery blanketed my perception of the world around me while I was watching it. It touched my five senses, if that makes sense.

19. Dinosaurs Dish

Prestigious Prestigious

Damn, great way to put it.

[​IMG]

kupe likes this.
  20. marsupial jones

make a bagel without the hole

i watched a few episodes last night for the first time in forever and for some reason i got a really David Lynch vibe from a lot of scenes. there are moments where the dialogue is so sparse or vague that it's almost comical - along with certain actions. i think the reason i got the David Lynch vibe was because i had to stifle any laughter or reaction to keep from waking up the gf.

for example: season 1, episode 7 - when Don and Roger walk up the 23 flights of stairs and then Roger pukes in front of the client. there's almost no reaction from any of the characters other than backing away. no disgust, no dialogue really and then before you know it the scene is over. and the secretary just walks over and hands him ice water as if nothing happened lol

season 1, episode 9 - Betty shooting at the doves while smoking

i've watched the entire series 3-4 times and never got a DL vibe before, but watching it under the circumstances of needing to stay as quiet as i could made it seem all oddly unsettling and put a new twist on it

21. Dinosaurs Dish

Prestigious Prestigious

I haven't done a full rewatch since I dove into Twin Peaks and some other Lynch stuff, so that's an interesting observation. I'll have to keep that in mind.

22. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

Got my girlfriend into this about a month and a half ago, she finished just this weekend. I rewatched it for a 3rd time with her, I had just rewatched a little less than a year ago, I was as enamored with the show as ever. It's perfect from start to finish.

23. bedwettingcosmo

i like bands who can't sing good Supporter

nice bump think im gonna have to start my first rewatch today

24. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

You will get sucked in right away.

25. jorbjorb

7 rings

I miss this show. Might have to watch it all for the fourth time.