Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Mad Men (AMC) TV Show • Page 8

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Melody Bot, Jan 11, 2016.

1. OotyPa

fall away

Sopranos is the kind of show that does exactly that. It's a show about the human experience of life, and it reawakens you what you've got, who you are and who you can become. The shows that can do that are treasures. Only Rectify, Mad Men, and Sopranos have done that for me. Twin Peaks too, but in such a different way you cant really group them together.

2. Morrissey

Trusted

Very artfully said. A lot of shows play with the anti-hero trope, but the Sopranos really did find an incredible way of building such deep and thoughtful characters.

3. Signifire

Headphones blaring three stacks Prestigious

Rectify is good but not on the same level as Mad Men or The Sopranos imo

fronkensteen likes this.
  4. OotyPa

fall away

I agree but I believe if it continued longer, it may have reached that level. Its undoubtedly life affirming though. Amazing acting, beautiful writing

Signifire likes this.
  5. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

Almost done with the first season of a rewatch. Its been at least 7 years since ive seen the first season. What a fulfilling rewatch it has been so far. So happy to revisit everyone and see Don at the top of his game before the downfall begins.

6. Larry David

I'll see you again in 25 years Prestigious

Just finished season 3 episode 11(first time through show) INCREDIBLE acting all around in the episode. Probably my favorite episode so far

Cameron and Bloodsucker II like this.
  7. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

Where you at in the show?

I'm at the final two episodes, I fuckin blew through it all in a month. What a ride.

Bloodsucker II likes this.
  8. fronkensteen

Trusted

What's crazy is that at the point where you're at, it's already an incredible show.

And where you're about to go is into a whole other echelon of greatness. I'm jealous.

OotyPa, oldjersey and Bloodsucker II like this.
  9. Larry David

I've been really busy so I'm still where I was. Hoping to binge soon though!

10. Larry David

Nice can't wait!

11. Michael Qualiano

mikeq

The Leftovers.

12. OotyPa

fall away

13. Michael Qualiano

mikeq

Seriously check it out when you can. After episode three I was hooked.

OotyPa likes this.
  14. kbeef2

Trusted Supporter

15. OotyPa

fall away

For real? Louis CK and this in the same day? I don’t even know what to think anymore.

Signifire likes this.
  16. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

Fuck

17. A spokesperson for Weiner issued the following statement to The Information: “Mr. Weiner spent eight to ten hours a day writing dialogue aloud with Miss Gordon, who started on ‘Mad Men’ as his writers assistant. He does not remember saying this comment nor does it reflect a comment he would say to any colleague.”

WTF kind of response is that? You're saying that was ... dialogue? What ... what the? :cringe:

18. OotyPa

fall away

Not to be insensitive but it sounds like it was just one gross comment about how hed like to see her naked on one night they were writing together. Still inappropriate, and not sure if it makes a difference... just trying to piece together my thoughts

19. kbeef2

Trusted Supporter

I think the issue is that he fired her a year later. Could be totally unrelated, but still not a good look for Weiner

20. Signifire

Headphones blaring three stacks Prestigious

FUCK

21. Jake Gyllenhaal

Wookie of the Year Supporter

What a wiener

22. All white men in holly wood are creeps is what I’m learning

23. Fucking god dammit, shit. Fuck.

24. a nice person

Trusted Prestigious

Was this the genesis of the Peggy/Stan strip scene?

OotyPa likes this.
  25. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

Sigh, I miss these characters.