Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Mad Men (AMC) TV Show • Page 4

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Melody Bot, Jan 11, 2016.

1. MrRobot

Twitter/IG: @scott325

She's legitimately a great actress by the time the show ends. I always remember not being such a fan when she was a small kid in the earlier seasons, but now that I'm on my rewatch, she's actually not bad at the start either.

RyanPm40 and PandaBear! like this.
  2. PandaBear!

Trusted Prestigious

Sorry I missed this one bro, agreed for sure!

Man, I'm on the ep where Roger takes LSD with his wife & those random people - BRILLIANT SCENE!!!

OotyPa, local_corn and ECV like this.
  3. fronkensteen

Trusted

Bumping because the show is on my mind for some reason today.

4. ReginaPhilange

Trusted Prestigious

Gonna have to re watch soon

5. bedwettingcosmo

i like bands who can't sing good Supporter

i've never watched this...been looking for a new series to bite my teeth into. was thinking either this or friday night lights.

6. Signifire

Headphones blaring three stacks Prestigious

Watch this right now.

PandaBear! and fronkensteen like this.
  7. bedwettingcosmo

i would if netflix would work.

8. fronkensteen

Trusted

Best show I've seen

Signifire likes this.
  9. Signifire

Headphones blaring three stacks Prestigious

Shame. Also, don't get me wrong because FNL is one of my favorite shows. This is just better.

10. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

If you do ed up watching this, be sure to watch no more than two episodes in a row. Let that shit breathe.

11. bedwettingcosmo

watched the first and got halfway thru the 2nd before i had to go to some errands. i think i found my new show:)

hard for me to not binge shit like this though.

fronkensteen likes this.
  12. Morrissey

Trusted

Why?

13. bedwettingcosmo

coming up on the end of season 1. been super sick so im binging hard...

14. OotyPa

fall away

About to finish Season 6 on my second watch of the series, at the part when sally catches don with sylvia and asks to go to boarding school, and don becomes an absolute wreck. there's this one scene where megan leaves the bedroom and faces don as hes watching television in the dark, sipping a drink, and she goes "you can do that in here too, you know?" and don blankly keeps his gaze on the television and numbly sips in silence.

i forgot how horrible of a husband don really is lol. when he fucks up, he really lets his sadness consume him, and it affects everyone around him.
    but god damn jon hamm really does the character justice. every sliver of emotion comes across in his performance

15. fronkensteen

Trusted

I need to do another rewatch of this soon.

16. OotyPa

fall away

Definitely better on the second watch when you can notice patterns in characters' behavior, the witty dialogue (the writing here is impeccable... never seen a show so good at taking a conversation about one thing, but it really being about everything), and the mounds and mounds of foreshadowing. This show is one of the most beautiful dramas about self-acceptance I've ever seen. My second watch has only cemented that in my mind.

fronkensteen, Cameron and PandaBear! like this.
  17. bedwettingcosmo

finished S1 and now my wife wants to watch it haha.. might hhave to rewatch it now

18. RyanPm40

The Torment of Existence Supporter

Man, I'm glad this thread was bumped just to remind me of its existence haha. Really was a great show with crazy talented actors.

I'm still not sure how I feel about the way everything ended, though.

19. OotyPa

fall away

What makes you say that? I loved the ending

20. Jake Gyllenhaal

Wookie of the Year Supporter

I liked the ending but would have probably enjoyed it more if the commercial idea wasn't speculated beforehand

21. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

This show is perfect. Did Hamm ever win a Emmy I can't remeber?

22. Jake Gyllenhaal

He won for the last season

23. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

Good I loved his performance, and obviously Cranston deserved wins. Though I just feel they were too keen to him.

24. Jake Gyllenhaal

Hamm also won a Golden Globe for the first season but wasn't there to accept as all of Hollywood didn't show up in the midst of the writer's strike

25. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

Yeah I do remeber that the first season won a few awards. From Emmys and GG if I recall correctly.