Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Mad Men (AMC) TV Show • Page 23

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Melody Bot, Jan 11, 2016.

1. Maybevictor

@maybevictor Prestigious

Was starting to forget that Don is the worst until he isn’t able to appreciate Tomorrow Never Knows... yup he sucks.

2. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

3. Jake Gyllenhaal

Wookie of the Year Supporter

:verysad:

4. a nice person

Trusted Prestigious

Re-watching for the 4th time. I think I like the original Sterling Cooper office better. Not as fancy or modern, but the geography of the office is more familiar.

oldjersey likes this.
  5. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

Im realizing this show is just as easy to rewatch as sopranos for me. I could legitimately have it on loop, at least an episode per week, for the rest of my life and never get tired of it.

6. a nice person

Trusted Prestigious

Don should’ve married Dr. Faye.

That is all.

CarpetElf, Ken, Cameron and 2 others like this.
  7. Morrissey

Trusted

His decision to choose Megan over Faye is central to who he is and what his priorities are.

8. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

The actress who plays Faye is also really good. Though Jessica does a good job with what they give her.

9. a nice person

Trusted Prestigious

Very true. He is incapable of being a good partner. Although he has a “type”, the weak link in all of his relationships is himself, specifically his inevitable descent into self sabotage.

CarpetElf likes this.
  10. RyanPm40

The Torment of Existence Supporter

Never noticed that Dr. Faye is played by the same woman who plays Mrs. Wheeler in Stranger Things, neat!

Ken and a nice person like this.
  11. a nice person

Trusted Prestigious

Don’s non-sexual relationships with Peggy and Joan are so much more genuine than with any of his sexual partners. Not saying he isn’t a jerk to them too, but a more lovable jerk

12. a nice person

Trusted Prestigious

This became apparent after re-watching “The Suitcase”, btw. One of the 5 best episodes of the series.

oldjersey and Dinosaurs Dish like this.
  13. Dinosaurs Dish

Prestigious Prestigious

Don and Peggy is arguably my favorite relationship in any series ever.

a nice person and AWasteOfATime like this.
  14. Jeff

Regular Prestigious

"Because there are people out there who buy things, people like you and me, and something happened. Something terrible. And the way that they saw themselves is gone. And nobody understands that. But you do. And that's very valuable"

I just happened to finish season 3 last night (on probably my thousandth rewatch) and I always forget this moment happened. The Suitcase stands out as the ultimate Don/Peggy episode but this exchange is stellar.

Dinosaurs Dish likes this.
  15. Dinosaurs Dish

Prestigious Prestigious

I will spend the rest of my life trying to hire you.

16. a nice person

Trusted Prestigious

Interested to hear your guy’s favorite and least favorite characters?

Favorite: Roger
    Least favorite: Harry

RyanPm40 likes this.
  17. Pseudo!

Regular

Favorite: Ken
    Least Favorite: Joan's husband

18. Dinosaurs Dish

Prestigious Prestigious

There could be like a five way tie for favorite character for me but least favorite I guess would be Bobby because he’s the only character in all the seasons that switched actors and had almost no storylines or anything interesting about him.

OotyPa likes this.
  19. Jake Gyllenhaal

Wookie of the Year Supporter

I always liked Harry Crane, though he was a dick sometimes, especially IIRC his final scene in the finale

20. Morrissey

Trusted

Ted Chaough's character is mostly wasted. He doesn't even do anything in the second half of the last season. They spent all this time building him up as a foil to Don and he just sits around and complains.

CarpetElf likes this.
  21. Dinosaurs Dish

Prestigious Prestigious

Woah, I can understand your point about the second half of the last season but otherwise I can’t disagree more. He was a fantastically acted and super interesting character to me pretty much the whole time.

22. a nice person

Trusted Prestigious

I fucked Ted

Edit: wrong show

23. RyanPm40

The Torment of Existence Supporter

Bahaha just watched that one last night

24. Morrissey

Trusted

The whole merger becomes an elaborate way to bring back Peggy without just undoing her character arc in Season Five. Cutler has his heel turn in the first half of Season Seven, but after a while there is almost nothing left from the merger.

25. Dinosaurs Dish

Prestigious Prestigious

I don’t agree that there’s almost nothing. You may not like aspects of it or find it entertaining, but there’s a lot that comes from the merger. Peggy coming back, Cutler bringing in his people and pointing the agency towards the future, Ted and Peggy’s romance, and that’s not even getting into the whole Don/Ted California plotline that leads into Pete going west, etc...