Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Mad Men (AMC) TV Show • Page 21

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Melody Bot, Jan 11, 2016.

1. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

Idk if the timeline adds up but I know he had vocal surgery a couple years ago

spiffa0 likes this.
  2. Wtf does Roger live in some commune

Ken and CarpetElf like this.
  3. Betty is such a bad mother and so oblivious to everything

Ken likes this.
  4. Jake Gyllenhaal

Wookie of the Year Supporter

5. The whole treating Don like a child thing and acting like he isn't the best creative person there is kind of dumb

6. Maybevictor

@maybevictor Prestigious

Just got to S4 on my rewatch. That final moment of the first episode when don decides to lean in to his persona for the WSJ interview always gets me so pumped for this season

oldjersey, Ken and Dinosaurs Dish like this.
  7. Maybevictor

@maybevictor Prestigious

Christmas party and LA / Acapulco episodes making me so embarrassed for don. Forgot how quick he turned into a sloppy creepy drunk. Feel terrible for alisson, and peggy’s handling of her in the focus group episode was brutal.

8. Bert's musical number after he dies is kinda weird tbh

thesollopsist likes this.
  9. AWasteOfATime

@awasteofatime Supporter

its because the actor was a big broadway/golden age musical guy.

CarpetElf and spiffa0 like this.
  10. Ken Cosgrove is awesone

CarpetElf and Maybevictor like this.
  11. Harry crane is such a shit

12. Dinosaurs Dish

Prestigious Prestigious

Don in that scene breaks my heart.

13. Jake Gyllenhaal

EASheartsVinyl likes this.
  14. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

I promised myself that I wouldn’t get involved in this thread, but my How to Succeed in Business sense was tingling and I can’t resist the temptation. Robert Morse is a TREASURE.

AWasteOfATime and CarpetElf like this.
  15. Not sure how I feel after the finale

16. Jake Gyllenhaal

Series finale?

17. Yeah need to sit with it for a bit before posting my thoughts

18. the rural juror

carried in the arms of cheerleaders

The finale is a masterpiece

OotyPa likes this.
  19. Dinosaurs Dish

Prestigious Prestigious

I remember liking it immediately but after time thinking about it and after each rewatch I love it more and more.

oldjersey likes this.
  20. OotyPa

fall away Supporter

The last 3 or so episodes in general are masterpieces

21. kupe

Regular

The refrigerator speech scene is sooooooooooo good

22. Jake Gyllenhaal

The only thing I remember about the finale aside from the ending is Don and Brett Gelman hugging it out

23. Season 7 was a dip in quality for me overall. Maybe my least favorite season?

The finale was great. Definitely not going to argue that. I like where it went with Don. I didn't care for the Pete/Trudy ending. Maybe it's just a product of the era (early 70s at this point?) and being a serial cheater is forgiven. I'm also surprised that there was no consequence to him having a baby with Peggy for him.

Elizabeth Moss acted the hell out of that phone call scene. Her being a scientologist makes me not really like her, but she was very very good throughout the run of the show.

The show did a good job of making you care or invested in characters that are terrible people. Betty seems to be the only one that is suffering any consequences at the end of it all.

24. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

Did not know she was a Scientologist :/

Ken likes this.
  25. Dinosaurs Dish

Prestigious Prestigious

Just curious, do you mean all of season 7 on Netflix? Or the second half shortened season after Bert dying?

Either way, glad you liked it overall and you’ll probably love it more and more on subsequent rewatches.