Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Mad Men (AMC) TV Show • Page 2

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Melody Bot, Jan 11, 2016.

1. OotyPa

fall away Supporter

Yeah and just watching slowly unfold and become about betty and the kids, sometimes even more so than it was about him. I think i love pretty much everything about this show-- the historical accuracy, the dialogue, and watching the characters grow as people with every season. and dude that last episode is one of the best episodes of television ive ever seen

I think this is my second fav show of all time right behind the sopranos (and tied with twin peaks)

2. fronkensteen

Trusted

There are definitely shows that I need to watch (The Shield, The Sopranos, The Wire, etc...), but it's gonna be tough to outdo Mad Men for me.

3. OotyPa

fall away Supporter

Def not a competition. Mad Men and The Sopranos are totally similar in writing style because Matthew Wiener wrote for The Sopranos so they compliment each other really well

4. fronkensteen

Trusted

Yeah, I didn't mean to word it that way. There's plenty of room for amazing television.

5. jorbjorb

7 rings

Such a great show. I might re watch the entire thing.

Jason Tate likes this.
  6. dash64

This is my design

Damn, all this talk makes me want to do a re watch now.

jorbjorb likes this.
  7. jorbjorb

7 rings

second half of season 7 just dropped on netflix. I saw it on cable before but never go to binge watch all the episodes together. Started this weekend :D

8. Now that it's all on Netflix, I think I'm gonna do that full-series re-watch I've been meaning to do.

This show was so special.

jorbjorb likes this.
  9. fronkensteen

Trusted

That last part of the final season has been there a while, unless you're not in the US or something. I did a full rewatch about a month ago or so. Still brilliant.

ECV likes this.
  10. Oh shit, I must have missed that haha. Feels like just yesterday that the show ended.

11. jorbjorb

7 rings

figures. I'm in Canada.

12. fronkensteen

Trusted

Well, get some poutine and Tim Horton's and marathon it, buddy!

13. jorbjorb

7 rings

LOL nice

14. alexstolar

Just The Worst

One of the few shows that had a finale worthy of the legacy of the rest of the series. A nearly perfect closing shot.

OotyPa and jorbjorb like this.
  15. OotyPa

fall away Supporter

That final episode had me in tears

16. alexstolar

Just The Worst

I had a bet running with my family as we were watching as to whether or not he'd kill himself.

17. Signifire

Headphones blaring three stacks Prestigious

Teared up during a rewatch last night at Betty's letter to Sally.

18. Surfwax

bring on the major leagues Supporter

Final season was incredible but I thought the finale was disappointing. Don leaving it all behind was so much more interesting.

19. fronkensteen

Trusted

Advertising is all he knows, though. It makes more sense for him to leave the things he was never "good" at, like his family.

20. OotyPa

fall away Supporter

I always looked at the ending as Don learning to utilize advertising in expressing truth and beauty rather than pretense

21. My favorite series of all time. One of the few shows I've ever seen that truly merits and rewards rewatching and meticulous study.

fronkensteen likes this.
  22. Morrissey

Trusted

Don had had these episodes before, disappearing in California. This one had been much more extended, but a combination of the McCann money and being free of all the women of his life gave him nothing to rush back to. Ultimately, though, Don loved the job that he always pretended to hate or be above.

23. OotyPa

fall away Supporter

Also if Don had left it behind, then it would be yet another thing he abandons in search for his identity. It would just add to this pattern he's developed of leaving things behind and starting anew. His real progress as a human depended on him committing to something, and he chose advertising

24. PandaBear!

Trusted Prestigious

Just bought the complete series boxset and am rewatching from the start - just at the end of season two but for some reason I really just want to get out of this old Sterling Cooper building and into the new one asap. These episodes are great but the whole thing steps up a notch when they get the new office IMO

fronkensteen likes this.
  25. MrRobot

Twitter/IG: @scott325

I agree. It's really good from the start, but the moment they move in the middle of the night in the S3 finale is where the show goes from good to great and just builds up from there.

PandaBear! likes this.