Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Mad Men (AMC) TV Show

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Melody Bot, Jan 11, 2016.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

Mad Men is an American period drama television series created by Matthew Weiner and produced by Lionsgate Television. The series premiered on July 19, 2007, on the cable network AMC. After seven seasons and 92 episodes, Mad Men's final episode aired on May 17, 2015.

Jason Tate likes this.
  2. I find myself thinking of this show from time to time ... just incredible.

Chase Tremaine likes this.
  3. Viva Sonata

gooberplex.tumblr.com Prestigious

Rewatching this show next summer.

4. kupe

Regular

One of my favorite shows ever, so much catharsis comes from watching these characters. Although many thought the quality dipped in the later seasons, I loved this show from start to finish. So many amazing moments in the finale.

5. Morrissey

Trusted

The quality did not dip; if anything, it improved when it got out of the stuffy older offices and the Draper home. Season Six has a few storylines that feel half-baked, but it still has an emotional power that the earlier seasons struggled with.

6. fronkensteen

Trusted

One of my favorite moments from the series is in season six. In the episode "The Crash", the woman puts the stethoscope on Don's chest and listens and she says "It's broken" and Don responds "You can hear that?" and she meant that the stethoscope was broken, not his heart.

bedwettingcosmo likes this.
  7. drstrong

I'm Back.

Still the best overall series of television I've ever seen.

8. Signifire

Headphones blaring three stacks Prestigious

Need to rewatch the last season

9. MrRobot

Twitter/IG: @scott325

This is my favorite pitch in the whole series.

fronkensteen likes this.
  10. PandaBear!

Trusted Prestigious

That one may well be my favorite episode of the whole series; t is fucking bizarre the way it jumps/cuts all the time. Wasn't Ken's tapdance in that ep too?

11. [​IMG]

12. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

Idk how I feel about the last episode/season overall, but the later seasons were certainly the best of the series. My mind often wanders to the episode where Sally and Glenn (I think it's Glenn) go to the museum

13. Morrissey

Trusted

One of the best endings to a show. It seemed so aimless in real time but it all came together for Don's storyline, even if the romance between Peggy and Stan was bizarre.

14. MrRobot

Twitter/IG: @scott325

Agreed. Even though I liked the idea of them together in theory, the way it came together was weird. Ending overall was perfect though.

15. fronkensteen

Trusted

Bert's swan song is one of the best moments as well.

16. PandaBear!

Trusted Prestigious

yeah Bert's last scene was one of the highlights of the whole series for me; Jon Hamm's acting just watching the number really hit me for some reason. "Don my boy..."

17. OotyPa

fall away

Started rewatching this last week and just finished season one. Still so so good

18. Nathan

Always do the right thing. Supporter

19. Jeff

Regular Prestigious

NOT GREAT BOB!

Signifire likes this.
  20. ReginaPhilange

Trusted Prestigious

I miss this show. Really gave me some perspective on what good television is.

21. I swear Don's reaction after the number destroyed me. Probably the most heartfelt moment of the entire show for me:

[​IMG]

22. Jake Gyllenhaal

Wookie of the Year Supporter

Signifire, Nathan and Jeff like this.
  23. Jeff

Regular Prestigious

Just watched the season 7 opener last night.

Don stepping out on the balcony to "You Keep Me Hanging On" is a top music moment in this series.

24. omgrawr Apr 6, 2016
    (Last edited: Apr 6, 2016)
    omgrawr

That loneliness is not a function of solitude.

Oh god Mad Men. So good. Certainly a show that will stick with for a long, long time. I remember the first time watching the first episode I knew nothing about it. You see Don at the office and in the city with a woman and you're like "alright this guys has a lot going on."

Then at the end he goes home to his wife and kids and I was like "oh shit!" I can't recall ankther show where I felt so conflicted about so many characters because they all showed some good and some very bad traits.

25. fronkensteen

Trusted

Yeah, that scene was fantastic. Cosgrove is such a great character.
    I was going to reply to his post with this gif. Just amazing acting right there.
    I'll never forget watching that first episode. Him going home to Betty and the kids and the final shot of him in their bedroom (which they mirror in the final season with Pete in his daughter's room with Trudy watching, by the way) and I got goosebumps.

I want more discussion on this show here. I recently watched all of it and I wasn't able to stop watching each night. It's such an easy show for me to put on and just get lost. I think it might be my favorite show ever.