Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Mad Max: Fury Road Movie • Page 6

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by AndrewSoup, Jun 16, 2016.

1. Tim

grateful all the fucking time Supporter

This is so dumb.

It wouldn’t be so dumb if you were chill & conversational while being wrong, but being both a dick & very wrong is just...

I only attempted to engage twice, & I’m already exhausted, lol.

2. Cipher

I didn't give it any treatment. I just described the character arc in the movie. Furiosa doesn't change. She leaves the Citadel searching for home. Ends the film finding a new home. There is no arc there.

What? I started a discussion about the film and didn't insult anyone. How am I being a dick?

3. Nathan

Always do the right thing. Supporter

this is asinine

4. Dinosaurs Dish

Prestigious Prestigious

5. flask

Trusted Supporter

Lol @ calling him a dick.

6. TJ Wells

Trusted Prestigious

This is fucking wild.

On a more positive note, Blank Check’s Fury Road is next Sunday and has been confirmed to be over three hours.

coleslawed and phaynes12 like this.
  7. phaynes12

https://expertfrowner.bandcamp.com/ Prestigious

the block button is your friend

TJ Wells and popdisaster00 like this.
  8. blast0rama

Internet human. Supporter

9. AndrewSoup

It's A Secret To Everyone Prestigious

Cameron likes this.
  10. AndrewSoup

It's A Secret To Everyone Prestigious

also, i really would like us to move on but i just have to comment THAT IS ABSOLUTELY AN ARC WHAT THE FUCK

DrAlanGrant likes this.
  11. Cipher

Move on Andrew. Everyone else has.

12. blast0rama

Internet human. Supporter

Ack. Sorry. Saw this post today, and didn't read the whole thread to be sure. Apologies.

13. I Am Mick

@gravebug Prestigious

I absolutely love Anya, but I couldn’t really see her as Furiosa

jkauf likes this.
  14. phaynes12

https://expertfrowner.bandcamp.com/ Prestigious

yeah, jodie is a better fit

jkauf likes this.
  15. jkauf

Prestigious Supporter

I saw someone mention Karen Gillan and I could get down for that as well, doubt it happens though.

16. TJ Wells

Trusted Prestigious

I feel like I've had an "is it really that good?" attitude about this movie for a while now, since I haven't seen it since it was in theaters. Re-watched it last night in preparation for the Blank Check episode and I immediately slotted it into my all-time top 10. I have no idea what I was thinking. Is the black and white version worth checking out?

17. coleslawed

Eat Pizza

I think I wanna watch the Chrome version before listen8ng to that episode.

18. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

19. Marx&Recreation

Trusted

I don’t like that it’s a prequel. I feel we got all we needed of Furiosa’s background in the film. Tho idk what a sequel would look like either, since they killed basically every antagonistic figure lol

20. Tim

I'm not super into the deeper mythology of Mad Max or whatever, but I feel like it'd be pretty easy to make a sequel with a new unrelated antagonist from an unexplored corner of that world. Or, maybe even a new character from inside that film's society. Plenty of room in that world to explore in a new story, not necessarily as a continuation of the previous film's story but as a new one that just happens to be through Furiosa's perspective.

But, yeah, I think I agree with you on the prequel thing. It could be cool, but there are some very common prequel traps that I'd rather not see this fall into. Don't need a Solo situation, where they struggle to come up with a compelling arc that doesn't clash with the character's arc in their original film appearance.

21. Anthony_ Jul 9, 2020
    (Last edited: Jul 9, 2020)
    Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

I'm generally against the concept of prequels entirely. For every Better Call Saul, there's a hundred Hannibal Rising's. If the prequel story was so interesting and vital, the narrative would have started there in the first place!

So yeah not really hyped for a Furiosa prequel at all. Would love a sequel with Theron though.

22. flask

Trusted Supporter

George Miller about to smack all of you with another masterpiece.

23. I Am Mick

@gravebug Prestigious

the real stars of the show are the cars, explosions and designs

i wish they would keep the "max stumbles his way into another groups story" formula, but i don't give a shit who it's about if the action/style is on par with Fury Road

coleslawed and sawhney[rusted]2 like this.
  24. Tim

I mean, as far as beautifully shot spectacle goes, I'm sure it's gonna rule. I'll see it in theaters opening night regardless & probably love it.

Doesn't mean I can't have slight story reservations over the "Furiosa prequel" premise, lol.

25. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

Furiosa sequel would be about 10000000000x better. Don’t care about a prequel I want to see what happens after Fury Road.

thenewmatthewperry likes this.