Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Mad Max: Fury Road Movie • Page 4

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by AndrewSoup, Jun 16, 2016.

1. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

2. jkauf

Prestigious Supporter

chewbacca110 likes this.
  3. I Am Mick

@gravebug Prestigious

Damn Miller dunking on the Irishman

I’m down for anything in this universe, but I was hoping to see more Tom Hardy. I also like the idea of Mad Max being about this dude just stumbling in and out other people’s stories.

but give me enough insane car action and I don’t give a shit who’s in it

coleslawed likes this.
  4. flask

Trusted Supporter

Director, cinematographer, and production designer are all returning. That’s all that matters to me.

5. jkauf

Prestigious Supporter

Came out 5 years ago today, maybe I should do my 6th viewing tonight in it’s honor

Jason Tate likes this.
  6. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

next time i watch it, it'll be my first time seeing it after having seen the first three. wonder if that'll inform anything, despite miller not diving too deep into past mythologies for FR

7. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

spiffa0 and Fronnyfron like this.
  8. jkauf

Prestigious Supporter

[​IMG]

phaynes12 likes this.
  9. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

Holy shit yesssss

10. Fronnyfron

Woke Up Right Handed Prestigious

WOW

11. Hot damn

12. phaynes12

https://expertfrowner.bandcamp.com/ Prestigious

INSPIRED

coleslawed likes this.
  13. Witness me!!

coleslawed likes this.
  14. Cipher

I think a standalone Furiosa movie will ultimately be a disappointment. People will pick it apart to no end. This is one of those "be careful what you wish for" situations.

15. Dinosaurs Dish

Prestigious Prestigious

Fury Road was already a Furiosa movie and it kicked ass. I don’t give a shit if morons nitpick misogynistic “reasons” why it sucks. As long as it’s anywhere near as good as Fury Road, I’ll be happy.

16. Cipher

Fury Road is not a standalone Furiosa movie. It's a movie that has co-leads. And to be honest, Max was the better character anyway. Hardy had the best performance in the film and Max has the main character arc. Furiosa may push the plot forward, but she's the same in the beginning of the film as she is at the end. There's nothing inherently wrong with that of course, but it's weird how people put her on a pedestal. Which is one of the main reasons why a standalone Furiosa film will be a disappointment. I'm not talking about the idiots who are always angry about female action heroes. I'm talking about the people who have built her up to be this next level character when she's really not. This film will be picked apart even by people who love the character.

And if Miller tells the story I think he's gonna tell, then a lot of that goodwill he built up with Fury Road is gonna disappear real quick.

17. Dinosaurs Dish

Prestigious Prestigious

What story do you think Miller is going to tell and why do you think that’s the story? And why would it be disappointing and make the “goodwill” built up in Fury Road disappear?

coleslawed likes this.
  18. Cipher

There are two prequel stories to Fury Road. Fury Road is kind of like the third act to both Max's and Furiosa's stories preceding it.

The Furiosa prequel comic is what I'm referencing here. A lot of people who loved Fury Road didn't like it very much for various reasons. And I'm guessing he's adapting it for this film. To be fair, he could execute that story far better than comic did. I'm of the mind there are no truly bad ideas in fiction. It all comes down to execution. So maybe it'll turn out better. But starting with a story that people who absolutely love the character didn't like probably shouldn't make anyone hopeful.

The story in the Max prequel comic has actually already been adapted once before. If you've ever played the Mad Max video game by Avalanche Studios, it tells a version of that story.

19. phaynes12

a wild take

20. Nathan

Always do the right thing. Supporter

very weird, and largely incorrect, opinions

phaynes12 likes this.
  21. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

love to judge a movie that may not have a finished script

phaynes12 and coleslawed like this.
  22. Cipher

Which take are you talking about? There's a few.

Okay.

23. phaynes12

that furiosa and max are remotely close in terms of character importance or performance

24. Cipher

When it comes to their importance to the plot, Furiosa is clearly more important since she drives it forward. But I already said that in my previous post.

Max has the main character arc since he's the one who changes throughout the film. Nux has an arc as well but it's far more broad strokes in comparison to Max's. Furiosa doesn't even have a character arc.

As for their performances, Theron is really good but Hardy is better and it's not particularly close.

25. Serh May 17, 2020
    (Last edited: Jun 3, 2020)
    Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

i need to see this movie cipher saw, what's it called