Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Macy Santa Maria Details Leaving He is We Tour; Alleges Sexual Assault

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Sep 22, 2017.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

Macy Santa Maria has posted a statement on Facebook talking about why she left the recent He is We tour. She alleges she was sexually assaulted by the lead singer Rachel Taylor:

I had the opportunity to do what I love this past summer and play guitar for the band He Is We, but unfortunately it was short lived. The night before the first show, I was sexually assaulted by the lead singer Rachel Taylor. I have contemplated sharing my story and have decided to share it on my own in hopes to raise awareness of sexual assault, specifically in the music industry. My objective is shed a little light on sexual assault, that a man or WOMAN is capable of committing. Rachel Taylor has ruined a part me and for her to have the opportunity to hide from this and continue her music career is disgusting. This is something I’m not going to hide from, and neither should anyone facing this issue.

2. tyramail

Trusted Supporter

Hoooooly shit. I guess when you have a band that has had nothing but shit go down, I can't be that shocked, but dang I didn't think anything of this level would have happened.

Raku likes this.
  3. ihaveblink

Regular

just wow. I don't know much about the band (I barely remember them), so have they had problems prior?

4. jjnunn118

Signal Vs. Noise Prestigious

Always wondered why no one wanted to work with Rachel. Guess that clears that up

Raku and skogsraet like this.
  5. tyramail

Trusted Supporter

The band has just had a lot of people quit working with Rachel with basically no explanations why as far as I know.

6. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

Jesus. Good for Macy for speaking up, I'm sure that was hard. Yet another gross example of people in the music industry. You'd really think it wouldn't be this hard for people to treat other human beings with basic respect.

Raku likes this.
  7. jordanjohnson09

Regular

rachel just released something on the he is we facebook

8. tyramail

Trusted Supporter

And vehemently denied anything had happened. I'm all for someone being honest or stating the truth, but when you've had a terrible track record, it's hard to even take any of what you say for shit.

Raku likes this.
  9. tyramail

Trusted Supporter

Also I'm wondering if the other band members who left will speak up. It seems odd that one girl would lie about being assaulted and then 3 other members decided to quit with her. Yeah, I think Rachel should just remove herself from this scene forever.

Raku likes this.
  10. They voiced support for Macy Maria on Twitter earlier from what I saw.

Raku likes this.
  11. tyramail

Trusted Supporter

Actually Adamm just posted "still found a way to make yourself the victim huh?" on Rachel's Facebook post, too.

Raku likes this.
  12. Yeah, band members called her out on that post.

Raku likes this.
  13. crunchprank

crunchprank.net Prestigious

I understand what happened to her will stay with her and affect her as long as she lives. But at least the part I quoted above from her statement was a tiny bit of shining light for what happened. I'm so happy to see that she had the immediate support that obviously helped her in a horrible situation.

No. Please just go away.

Raku likes this.
  14. tyramail

Trusted Supporter

That Facebook post is a shit show. What a creep.

Raku likes this.
  15. personalmaps

citrus & cinnamon Prestigious

My heart breaks for this woman. There are so few resources for this specific kind of assault. It warms my heart to see that the band members immediately had her back though. We could definitely use more of that example in the scene.

Raku, skogsraet and tyramail like this.
  16. cwhit

still emperor emo Prestigious

just because you aren't a bisexual or a lesbian doesn't mean you can't sexually assault women

fuck off rachel. jesus. as a former fan of her music this is jarring to see. hope macy can get the support and closure she needs.

Raku and tyramail like this.
  17. jordanjohnson09

Regular

she keeps on going :/

Raku likes this.
  18. tyramail

Trusted Supporter

She is making it so much worse for herself, holy shit.

And she's taking Macy's sexual assault accusation and using to as a way to tell her story and make people feel sorry for her, like what the actual fuck.

Raku likes this.
  19. I Am Mick

@gravebug Prestigious

This is an insanely fucked situation but every statement Rachel releases is worse than the last

20. Audrey Horne

Regular Prestigious

Why does she keep saying she's not lesbian or bisexual as if that would stop her from assaulting someone?

Raku likes this.
  21. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

Because if she denies being attractive to girls then it will be easier for people to not believe that she sexually assaulted a girl.

But holy cow. I’ve loved He Is We and never expected this type of behavior, especially from Rachel. Their songs meant a lot and had a special romantic side to them. That’s dead now.

22. Just caught up on all the new Facebook posts..

:cringe:

What ... I ... yeesh.

Raku and carrytheweight like this.
  23. fbrrocks

Trusted

Wow I like he is we and have a shirt and bought cd back in the day. now not so much

24. supernovagirl

Poetic and noble land mermaid

is there any kind of actual timeline of links to see all statements involved?

Raku likes this.
  25. TedSchmosby

Trusted

Rachel's comments on Facebook are baffling

Raku likes this.