Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

MacStories Reviews Albums 4.0

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Apr 8, 2021.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

John Voorhees, reviews the new version of Albums 4.0 at MacStories:

Albums 4.0 is a beautifully designed, feature-rich app with more filtering and discovery tools than any other music app I’ve tried. The app is also opinionated, favoring album playback over individual songs or playlists. It’s the sort of focused, deep approach to music that Apple’s Music app doesn’t offer because it’s designed to appeal to a wider audience.

If you’re an albums-first music fan, you’ll love Albums. However, even if you prefer singles, playlists, and jumping around the Apple Music catalog as I do, Albums is worth checking out. The app’s powerful filtering opens up brand new ways to enjoy your music collection that any music fan can appreciate.

more

Not all embedded content is displayed here. You can view the original to see embedded videos, tweets, etc.

2. Phil507

Resident NYC snob Supporter

Been using this app for a year and really enjoying it. I hope they update the library update feature in this newer version as there have been kinks in the past but for those you who use your own collection vs. Spotify, this is a great app and the Last.FM plug-in is awesome.

3. brandon

Regular Prestigious

Didn't see anything in the review or the description, so assuming this doesn't integrate with Spotify? Don't have/pay for Apple Music

4. hermanthehermit

Paris, Texas Climate Accord Supporter

Yeah, just for Apple Music