Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

MacStories iOS 10 Overview

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Jun 15, 2016.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

If you missed Apple’s WWDC Keynote yesterday, MacStories has a fantastic overview of all the new stuff coming to iOS 10.

One notable omission is the apparent end of another short-lived attempt at a music-themed social network from Apple. Yes, the Connect tab is nowhere to be seen in iOS 10’s Music app, and unless they plan to add it back in a later beta, the service that was such a big portion of Apple’s music announcements last year may have already been deemed a failure. I don’t think anyone is going to miss it.

Beyond the new design, the Music app is also now gaining native support for lyrics, a great addition if it can compile a database as big as the likes of Musixmatch. The new lyrics feature is also being added to the updated iTunes in macOS Sierra.

2. DarkHotline

Proud To Bathe With A Rag On A Stick Prestigious

Really excited for the updated iMessenger the most, lots of cool stuff there.

3. smoke4thecaper

out of context reference Supporter

iMessenger looks sick. Saw a preview video on FB last night. It's only going to make people want to stare at their phones more now haha

4. Mr. Serotonin

I'm still staring down the sun Prestigious

you have a link? It didn't seem that drastic when I read about it.

5. smoke4thecaper

out of context reference Supporter

Mr. Serotonin likes this.
  6. Mr. Serotonin

I'm still staring down the sun Prestigious

7. CyberInferno Jun 17, 2016
    (Last edited: Jun 17, 2016)
    CyberInferno

Line below my username Supporter

If anyone wants to install the beta now, you can install the developer profile from samobius.com.

I'm excited to see suggest emoji from the keyboard. This was something I had on Windows 10 mobile that I definitely miss.

I'm also glad to see the behavioral changes about the lock screen. I definitely noticed that the lock screen is almost hard to get to on a 6s and 6s Plus because touch ID works so well. I have to intentionally push the button with my fingernail just to see the lockscreen, so the "lift it up" method will be pretty handy.