Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Machine Head - Catharsis U.S. Tour - Jan-Mar 2018 Tour

Discussion in 'Tour Forum' started by ADayToFall, Sep 18, 2017.

1. ADayToFall

A home like yours is upside down

[​IMG]

San Francisco Bay Area metal band Machine Head has announced a North American tour in support of their forthcoming album, Catharsis.

Vocalist/guitarist Robb Flynn comments: "It's been far too long since we've demolished venues in America, we have had an awesome and productive break writing our new album Catharsis, but now it's time for Machine Head to go melt some faces! The reaction to our last 'Evening With' tours in America were nothing short of incredible, so once again these dates will be 'Evening With' and will see us performing 2 1/2 to 3 hours every night with no opening bands. We loved performing as an Evening With for you Head Cases, and you guys loved it as well, the freedom to do whatever the fuck we wanted for as long as we wanted every night was liberating. It's not what everyone else is doing, and frankly, there are not a lot of bands who could even pull it off, but Machine Head pull it off, and we are excited as fuck to do it again. We are carving our own path here, playing by our own rules, and as an artist, it's the best feeling in the world! No festivals period, no 45 minute slots, no supporting some stupid DJ, no parking lots in a rain storm, The Head will only be "Headlining", so come on down and rage!!"

1/25 Phoenix, AZ @ Nile Theater
    1/27 Albuquerque, NM @ Sunshine Theater
    1/29 San Antonio, TX @ Aztec Theater
    1/30 Dallas, TX @ Gas Moneky Live!
    1/31 Houston,TX @ HOB
    2/2 Birmingham, AL @ Saturn
    2/3 Pensacola, FL @ Vinyl MH
    2/5 Orlando, FL @ Plaza Live
    2/6 Atlanta, GA @ Centerstage
    2/8 Philadelphia, PA @ Theatre of Living Arts
    2/9 New York, NY @ Playstation
    2/10 Boston, MA @ Paradise Rock Club
    2/11 Montreal, QC @ Club Soda
    2/13 Toronto, ON @ Danforth MH
    2/14 Buffalo, NY @ Town Ballroom
    2/15 Pittsburgh, PA @ Stage AE
    2/16 Cleveland, OH @ Agora
    2/17 Detroit, MI @ Majestic
    2/20 Des Moines, IA @ Woolys
    2/21 Madison, WI @ Majestic
    2/22 Minneapolis, MN @ First Avenue
    2/23 Chicago, IL @ Concord MH
    2/24 Saint Louis, MO @ Pops
    2/27 Denver, CO @ Summit MH
    3/1 Las Vegas, NV @ HOB
    3/2 Los Angeles, CA @ Fonda
    3/3 Oakland, CA @ The Fox Theater
    3/5 Portland, OR @ Roseland
    3/6 Vancouver, BC @ Commodore
    3/7 Seattle, WA @ Showbox Market

Tickets on sale this Friday, September 22. VIP on sale now.

2. suicidesaints

Trusted Prestigious

Love it.

I don't know why more bands don't do "An Evening With" shows, but Rob's probably right... other's can't pull it off.

ADayToFall likes this.
  3. ADayToFall

Considering they are returning to this format after doing a huge majority of the last album cycle in the same exact format, I wonder what songs MH will break out this time. I know that on the last cycle, they started off playing about 20 songs, but as time passed, the setlist got progressively longer. They even began adding songs they haven't played in years, such as Clenching Fists, Descend, and even their nu metal era songs such as Crashing Around You and From This Day.

Either way, I will try to catch the Atlanta date.

suicidesaints likes this.
  4. suicidesaints

Trusted Prestigious

I'm hoping/assuming they'll play the majority of the new album along with a bunch of older/less played stuff.

ADayToFall likes this.
  5. ADayToFall

I think that will be more than just possible. After all, this is the first promotional tour for Catharsis. I would love for them to surprise us with songs they rarely play if not ever, such as Wipe The Tears, Farewell To Arms, Devil with a King's Card, etc.

suicidesaints likes this.