Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Machine Gun Kelly - Tickets To My Downfall (September 25, 2020) Album

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by AlwaysEvolving21, Jul 27, 2020.

1. AlwaysEvolving21 Jul 27, 2020
    (Last edited: Sep 18, 2020)
    AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

latortuga and MRose24 like this.
  2. SmithBerryCrunch

Trusted Prestigious

MRose24 and AlwaysEvolving21 like this.
  3. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

That was fun.

4. btr

Trusted Supporter

I feel like he said this was dropping in July or something but nothing was ever official

5. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

Cool, but the guitar is not in tune right from the beginning haha.

SmithBerryCrunch likes this.
  6. SmithBerryCrunch

Trusted Prestigious

Damn, the new single 'Concert For Aliens' is basically a TOYPAJ blink-182 song. Love it.

7. tomtom94

Trusted

I guessed from the snippet that he was wearing that blink influence on his sleeve, pretty obvious link to Aliens Exist there

The video is up on YouTube but unavailable? I'm guessing it got released early by accident

8. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

It’s supposed to officially be out tomorrow.

9. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

Yup, new song rips and clearly a nod to blink and TOYAPJ. Travis' drumming, the hooks, and that bass tone. I'm smiling hard right now.

10. MRose24

Regular

Where do you hear it?

11. btr

Trusted Supporter

This album’s going to be great. Just watched him in Big Time Adolescence last night

MRose24 likes this.
  12. MRose24

Regular

Damn so pumped. It’s clear Travis literally put his decades worth of pop punk experience into helping MGK write these songs.

13. SmithBerryCrunch Aug 4, 2020
    (Last edited: Aug 5, 2020)
    SmithBerryCrunch

Trusted Prestigious

MRose24 likes this.
  14. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

Song gets me goooooooiiiing. Travis beats the shit out of those drums in this song.

I hope the album is pop-punk driven with hip hop influence blended in. If anyone can pull that off, it’s Definitely MGK and Travis. Maybe throw a Post Malone feature in there somewhere haha.

sawhney[rusted]2 likes this.
  15. I’ve thoroughly enjoyed Bloody Valentine and now this. And I could not tell you another song of his to save my life.

will definitely keep checking out his stuff if it’s in the same vein.

soggytime and MRose24 like this.
  16. tomtom94

Trusted

You will probably appreciate his first collab with Travis, from his last album, which is most likely what inspired this new direction

17. I’ve never listened to him (except for the songs in here) but wasn’t he an emo rapper or something? Or has he always been in the pop punk arena?

18. JamesMichael

Software Engineer Prestigious

He’s been in the rap game for a decade but he’s always been very open about his love for 00s pop punk/rock. He’s definitely added more rock elements as he’s progressed over the years.

Hotel Diablo was one of my most played albums last year and the songs off his pop punk project have all been straight up fire so far :fire:

kyle likes this.
  19. Allpwrtoslaves

Trusted

Song is lit. Shocked at how well he is pulling off the pop-punk switch.

20. OotyPa

fall away Supporter

xapplexpiex and PauLo like this.
  21. soggytime

Trusted

I believe his first hit was "Wild Boy" which kinda was just typical white dude party rap. Around this time in 2011-2012ish I saw a couple videos circulating of him covering "All the Small Things". At the time, I thought nothing of it, and kind of stuck my nose up at the mere idea of it. This was the period where we were getting terrible "rock" albums from Lil Wayne and Kid Cudi so of course I was hesitant.

But now, consider me a fan. I'm all for rappers exploring sub-genres such as pop-punk. Especially if this is the outcome

22. simplejack

I wish I could say something but silence is fine.

I can't get past the vocals, so monotone and artificially straightened. Sure, instrumental is fun and perfect golden age pop-punk tune, as one would expect from genre godfather Travis Barker, but I'm not completely sold on this. Yet.

23. tomtom94 Aug 5, 2020
    (Last edited: Aug 5, 2020)
    tomtom94

Trusted

This is interesting because the first I heard of him was a pretty bad cover of Swing Life Away by Rise Against followed by him doing a guest spot on a Sleeping With Sirens song - I've never quite been sure how he made the transition from being a "punk rapper" to being a bona fide star of the charts

soggytime likes this.
  24. RileyWitiw

more like absolutepop.net Supporter

Never thought mgk would be my most anticipated of the year but here we are.

joe.boy.fresh. likes this.
  25. withchappedlips

#nothingiseasy

God I love every song he has released for this project. I think I’m ok was phenomenal too. I don’t understand how MGK can put out better punk music than bands that have been doing it for years but here we are.