Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Machine Gun Kelly - Hotel Diablo Album

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by ItsAndrew, Apr 2, 2019.

1. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

2. JamesMichael

Software Engineer Prestigious

Has anyone checked the full album out? I thought it was his best release by a long shot.

3. Honeymagnolia

Regular Supporter

This is pretty decent. Usual kind of MGK release with a few decent songs and then a handful of awful ones.

Liked all the pre-release songs. The skit tracks are pointless.

4. JamesMichael

Easily his tightest record.

5. beachdude

I'm not brave Prestigious

I liked the song with Yungblud quite a bit, cool throwback sound. Is there anything else like that on here?

6. JamesMichael

Nothing quite like that unfortunately but Hollywood Whore has a deliberate Numb/Linkin Park sound if you haven't heard it. Overall the album is solid and I dig the more of a rock sound it has going off. Will be spinning this for quite a while.

beachdude likes this.
  7. manoverboard365

Trusted

I really like that Candy song

beachdude and JamesMichael like this.
  8. manoverboard365

Trusted

JamesMichael likes this.
  9. JamesMichael

Honestly MGK wasn’t on my radar until Hotel Diablo. Not that I hadn’t heard of him but some of the artists he was collaborating with at the time just wasn’t for me.

I know he gets a lot of hate on here but Hotel Diablo was one of my most played albums of last year. Everything since has been fire too.

Echoing what I said in the single release thread. Bloody Valentine gives off big Blink vibes for obvious reasons. I’m looking forward to hearing the album in full.

10. David87

Prestigious Prestigious

So I just heard Bloody Valentine in Sirius. Is he making pop punk/emo now? I thought he was a rapper? I am old so.

the song sounded a lot like +44/Blink so his working with Travis makes sense haha

11. JamesMichael

He’s a rapper but Tickets To My Downfall will be a pop punk album and yeah Bloody Valentine is really blink/+44 inspired.

I really dig it though. Stoked for the album.

12. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

13. manoverboard365

Trusted

Keep up Andrew, this has been known since like April!

ItsAndrew likes this.
  14. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

Oh wow, I’m way behind the times haha

manoverboard365 likes this.