Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Machine Gun Kelly Covers Rage Against the Machine

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Jun 5, 2020.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

2. Jusscali

Synth-Bop Enthusiast Prestigious

He ain't no ZDR

3. Zip It Chris

Be kind; everyone is on their own journey.

Perfect song for this week...

falafelmywaffle likes this.
  4. Zip It Chris

Be kind; everyone is on their own journey.

This song is more than him just trying to be ZDR...either appreciate what the song means and what it's in honor of at this point in time or F off. How is THAT your reaction??

5. Jusscali

Synth-Bop Enthusiast Prestigious

Genetics mostly

6. tomtom94

Trusted

His voice is not good for this song. But I respect him for covering it for his pop audience without sanitising the message in any way.

(Imagine, say, the guy from Stray from the Path doing the screaming vocals alongside him? That would be cool.)

7. All Systems Goku

Ugh

8. StoJa9

Regular

9. StoJa9

Regular

Travis is such a powerful drummer. Whenever I see him, Dave Grohl, and Tommy Lee drum you can actually feel their power through the speakers. It's like your the drum and they're beating the shit out of you.

10. WasEmoRocknowImjustold

Not newbie, I think Supporter

Bulls on Parade. Denzel Curry, for probably the only Rage cover that did it justice and added to it.

I appreciate MGK and Barker bringing a younger audience into it, though I don't think the cover is great.

11. Nap

Oh come one!! It's far from good but also it's not bad. Nothing new on here.
    I'd call it an "unnecessary cover" if it was released just for fun which is not the point here

12. JRGComedy

Trusted Supporter

Oooooh that was Good

13. JeffyLacey

No Relation

I appreciate the sentiment but naaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa. Barker should have just done a cover of him on drums fuckin killin it.

All Systems Goku likes this.
  14. JeffyLacey

No Relation

I think it was a fine reaction. The song isn't gospel

15. WasEmoRocknowImjustold

I mean we're here talking music. I've heard plenty of awful songs that I never want to listen to that agree with my politics. As for this one, I just think MGK's voice is weak and missing the same sense of anger that ZDR had, so I'm alright with someone saying he's no ZDR. Like I said above, I know MGK's got such a young following so I'm glad he did it. Hopefully it turns young people on to Rage that aren't already. It's a crazy time, it's alright to critique music let's not start throwing personal attacks around here.

16. meekers

feat. fellow Blink182 and cop apologist, Matt Skiba.

Contender likes this.
  17. 333 GANG

ACAB

What role did Skiba play in this?

JeffyLacey likes this.
  18. PauLo

43% Burnt

File under: things no one ever needed.

19. somethingwitty

Trusted

Denzel Curry did a MUCH better job with this cover.

20. WasEmoRocknowImjustold

I mean, they covered a different song. Hey, if anyone wants to cover something they should go ahead.

StoJa9 likes this.
  21. AMC

Regular

Sounds pretty good.. Who's on guitar?

22. AMC

Regular

Huh? It's not the same song..

23. abcdefg123

Regular

No. The songs aren’t even from the same album.