Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Mac Miller - Swimming (August 3, 2018) Album • Page 6

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by tdlyon, Jul 31, 2018.

1. Rowan5215

An inconsequential shift as the continents drift.

I'm not talking about 90% of great R&B albums, I'm talking about TDV specifically and how it can be hard to relate to because it was specifically rooted in a high-profile celebrity relationship, which most of us can't exactly relate to. I also have quite a few issues with some of the musical and stylistic choices on that album, if that's ok with you?

2. The Lucky Moose Sep 9, 2019
    (Last edited: Sep 9, 2019)
    The Lucky Moose

I'm Emotional, I Hug the Block Prestigious

Well yeah, that's why I said personal opinions are personal opinions. I in general don't like that line of criticism but that doesn't mean you can't feel that way about certain album. It's just something that always comes up for certain kinds of rap albums and I don't think it's fair. Again, I don't mean you.

I think this isn't an album about a celebrity relationship though, but an album about love and relationships and so on.

PauLo likes this.
  3. PauLo

43% Burnt

Hard to argue with this. I marginally prefer Swimming, but TDF is very close behind it. It even makes Ty Dolla $ign not irritating!

The Lucky Moose likes this.
  4. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

He actually wrote almost all of it before he was with Ariana

The Lucky Moose likes this.
  5. Rowan5215

oh shit!

6. mad

I was right. Prestigious

damn I never thought we’d hear it

Rowan5215 likes this.
  7. Maybevictor

@maybevictor Prestigious

Going to be a tough listen but I’m excited. Swimming is one of my favorite albums ever at this point and I’m so glad to have the chance to listen to one last set of songs by Mac.

Rowan5215 likes this.
  8. Rowan5215

yeah I'm already tearing up at the thought lmao

couldn't be more excited that Jon Brion took charge of finishing the album. dude's a genius musician and so essential to the sound of Swimming. I was always confident this would be great since Thundercat said it was 85-90% done when Mac passed, but now I'm certain it will be absolutely fantastic

Zip It Chris likes this.
  9. CAC3

Dog

What is the Instagram post you shared? Sorry, I am unable to view it.

10. Rowan5215

Circles, which is the last album Mac was working on right up until he died, has been completed by Jon Brion and will be released January 17th

11. chris

Trusted Supporter

Best news

12. Zip It Chris

Be kind; everyone is on their own journey.

Best way to celebrate Mac...a new album. Absolutely stoked.

Rowan5215 likes this.
  13. JBoch

Trusted Supporter

Legit started crying before I finished the first sentence of that post. I'm so excited that we're getting this. Might have to take a personal day next Friday because I'm going to be an emotional wreck listening to it.

14. manoverboard365

Trusted

So friggin pumped for this.

15. btr

Trusted Supporter

Love that this isn't just a comp of throwaway tracks and one offs. Swimming was great.

16. Last time Jon Brion helped produce a hip hop album it resulted in probably one of the best hip hop albums of all time.

17. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

18. Horrorca

Trusted

hell yeah!

rip Mac Miller - you are missed!

19. Henry

Moderator Moderator

20. btr

Trusted Supporter

“Good News” is streaming. Album is 12 tracks.

21. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

manoverboard365 likes this.
  22. This has been hitting real hard lately man. What a record

JBoch and Rowan5215 like this.