Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Mac Miller - Swimming (August 3, 2018) Album • Page 4

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by tdlyon, Jul 31, 2018.

1. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

2. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

3. Maybevictor

@maybevictor Prestigious

4. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

I think it's extremely important for people to be aware of the dangers of these drugs.

5. Maybevictor

@maybevictor Prestigious

That’s a very fair point And I totally agree but I’m not sure it overrides his and his survivors right to privacy. I think if his family wanted to come out and say what killed him in an effort to make people aware that’d be one thing, but TMZ is definitely reporting this for clicks not as a drug PSA.

6. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

That is also a very fair point. I am not sure what his families wishes are here, so good call.

7. manoverboard365

Trusted

Autopsy reports are public record, though. Not really violating any right to privacy, even if done with selfish intent.

Gutted to see he had Fentanyl in his system. A kid I was friends with in college just OD'd on this a few months ago. I honestly had never even heard of it before his passing.....I got terrified when I read about what it does and how popular it's becoming.

The Lucky Moose likes this.
  8. Maybevictor

@maybevictor Prestigious

That’s also a fair point.

9. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

Finally watched the tribute concert today and it was so well done. I really still can't believe this happened, he still had so much more to give

10. Rowan5215

An inconsequential shift as the continents drift.

still can barely listen to 2009 without losing it, haven't brought myself to watch the tribute concert yet

11. Stephen Young

Regular Prestigious

Fuck fentanyl. That hit the drug supply here in Montreal, and I get so scared for my friends who fuck with heavier drugs because all it takes is one time for this garbage to ruin your life.

12. Contender

Goodness is Nowhere Supporter

Fentanyl has been in the Ohio valley for awhile. It’s lost some of my friends and almost lost myself.

This is in my top ten of the year

13. Maybevictor

@maybevictor Prestigious

If my AOTY list ends up being ranked this will definitely take the number one spot. I don’t think I’ve gone a single day since this came out without listening to at least a handful of tracks.

Im really bummed we’ll never get a live version of Self Care, but I hope some day the rest of his last show gets released.

14. imthegrimace

the poster formally known as thesheriff Supporter

Fentanyl killed one of my best friends and almost me. Fuck it.

15. been listening to this a lot lately because my vinyl just came in the mail and goddamn it's still just all so sad. this album is so good and was just going to be the beginning of his creative peak

imthesheriff likes this.
  16. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

I've been weirdly okay with listening to all of his stuff (even Faces and Watching Movies) but for some reason this is the one song that I just can't listen to anymore. Something about the piano melody with the (at the time) uplifting lyrics that are now incredibly depressing just makes me so profoundly sad every time

Rowan5215 likes this.
  17. Rowan5215

yeah it's the chorus melody that gets me, the "she don't cry no more" oof

tdlyon likes this.
  18. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

Nominated for Best Rap Album

19. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

Awesome (even though it'll go to Cardi B)

20. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

Actually knowing the Grammys, Cardi B will probably lose in her genre category, but yet win the overall album of the year.

21. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

Really happy this was recognized, even though it 100% wouldn't have happened if he was still alive

22. Rowan5215

23. OotyPa

fall away Supporter

Relistened to this today for the first time in awhile and 2009 broke me into little pieces.

24. Tom

It's way too late, or much too early Prestigious

2009 is beautiful and really haunting to me since his passing.

25. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

First official posthumous feature. I miss him so much