Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Mac Miller - Swimming (August 3, 2018) Album

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by tdlyon, Jul 31, 2018.

1. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

[​IMG]

1. Come Back to Earth
    2. Hurt Feelings
    3. What's the Use?
    4. Perfecto
    5. Self Care
    6. Wings
    7. Ladders
    8. Small Worlds
    9. Conversation Pt. 1
    10. Dunno
    11. Jet Fuel
    12. 2009
    13. So It Goes

2. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

Not sure how big of a following he has here but he's lowkey one of the most creative artists in mainstream hip-hop right now. His "drug" trilogy (Macadelic, Watching Movies, Faces) is absolutely incredible imo. High hopes for this album

3. The Lucky Moose

I'm Emotional, I Hug the Block Prestigious

His last album is very, very good. Although it is different from his other work, I think it is his best album by far.

As far as this upcoming album goes, I really like the second single.

tdlyon likes this.
  4. angel paste

grey hairs, get out of me zoots! Prestigious

What’s the Use’s bass line sounds exactly like the riff from short skirt/long jacket by cake and idk how I feel about that

5. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

This is really good

6. Rowan5215

An inconsequential shift as the continents drift.

Ladders is a jam of the year contender good lord

7. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

This is fantastic and I really wish Travis wasn't overshadowing it. It's like a perfect mix of Faces and Divine Feminine. Beautiful production, great lyrics/songwriting and really good delivery from Mac like always. I'm really happy with this

Syre Dream likes this.
  8. imthegrimace

the poster formally known as thesheriff Supporter

Jesus Christ

9. Heron182

Regular

RIP

10. bedwettingcosmo

i like bands who can't sing good Supporter

this is heartbreaking

Omni likes this.
  11. Letterbomb31

Trusted Prestigious

I can't believe this.

12. manoverboard365

Trusted

Fuck I can't stop shaking

13. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

This is the first time I can think of where a rapper that I’m genuinely a massive fan of has passed away while I was a fan. I don’t even know how to feel right now, it doesn’t even seem real right now. I was supposed to see him in November, and he was just tweeting about how excited he was to go on tour. I don’t think it’s fair to blame Ariana Grande like people have been doing though, he’s openly struggled for years. Sadly, I’m not exactly shocked, just devastated. RIP to one of the most talented and likeable artists of this generation.

I don’t think I’ll ever listen to Watching Movies and Faces in the same way again.

beachdude and The Lucky Moose like this.
  14. SmithBerryCrunch

Trusted Prestigious

15. Leave Ariana Grande out of it. We're not fucking doing this. RIP Mac. Heartbreaking loss.

16. eagles1139

Regular

I'm 24 years old and obviously a lot of celebrities I've been fans of have died over the years. And it's always sad of course - somebody whose work you admire lost their life. But this is the first time I've ever been truly punched in the stomach by something like this.

Much of my teenage nostalgia will be forever tied to Mac Miller songs. There are songs from KIDS that I can't hear without specific times with old friends popping into my head. And as I grew up, his music grew up with me - Swimming has been one of my favorite albums of this year, and helped me get rid of some resentment and hard feelings I've had about things in my own life.

When I like an album or artist, I dive in and consume all the content I can around it. So for the past month I've been reading and watching his interviews, replaying his Tiny Desk concert, etc. And above all else, he just seemed like a good dude. Like a kid that would fit right in in a room with any group of kids who grew up listening to his music. Sucks that his struggles ended up taking him so soon. Was looking forward to continue growing up with his music, but I am grateful for the album he left me with this year, and all those fun times in my life that he laid the soundtrack to.

I came here to just post "Fuck. RIP" but ended up rambling, I'm sure a lot of people probably have the same exact experience right now.

17. manoverboard365

Trusted

I actually never got around to checking out Swimming until today. I'm really vibing to it. It's crazy how much he grew musically from the Knock Knock/Donald Trump days.
    Mac was a real talent. And like the poster above said he always came across as a real genuine person in his interviews. This is such a sad day.

eagles1139 likes this.
  18. JamesMichael

Software Engineer Prestigious

I’ll be honest I’ve never really listened to him but I’m aware of him due to his relationship with Ariana Grande. It’s a huge shame that he lost his life to addiction, thoughts go out to his family, friends and fans.

bd007h and figureitout like this.
  19. Makoto

Monafide bonafide

Right? Ariana didn't die she just dated him. Focus should be on Mac and his family.

Carrow likes this.
  20. Tom

It's way too late, or much too early Prestigious

This one really fucks me up. Damn

21. bd007h

chorus.fm's resident Meg Myers fan #GoSabres/Bills

He wasn't my kind of music whatsoever, but it's so sad :(

22. Rowan5215

christ, RIP

23. manoverboard365

Trusted

This shit was consuming my head so much that I was begging a friend to go out and distract me. It was a good night.....but now its 1:30am and I'm back home just watching recent Mac interviews again. This is so fucked.

24. eagles1139

Regular

This day's been tough.

25. Rowan5215

listening to Watching Movies today. REMember is hitting hard