Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Mac Miller - Circles (January 17, 2020) Album • Page 6

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by tdlyon, Jan 8, 2020.

1. The Jon Brion interview is great. I don't love every song on this record, but as an unfinished send-off and companion piece, you really couldn't ask for anything better.

Rowan5215 likes this.
  2. JBoch

Trusted Supporter

“I was more excited about him than I’ve been in quite some time”

So amazing to see the respect that Jon (and so many others) have for Mac as a musician. Makes it all the more heartbreaking that this will likely be the last we hear from him. He seemed to be finally growing into his own creative space and Circles proves that evolution.

Rowan5215 likes this.
  3. Rowan5215

An inconsequential shift as the continents drift.

JamesMichael, JBoch and trevorshmevor like this.
  4. Matt Chylak

I can always be better, so I'll always try. Supporter

I love how warm this album sounds. Has been drawing me back for the last few days like nothing else, and I wasn't really a fan before Swimming.

5. nohandstoholdonto

problem addict Prestigious

I’m head over heels for this record

CAC3 and JBoch like this.
  6. CobraKidJon

Fun must be always. Prestigious

I think I love swimming more than this a little bit but they are both fantastic albums

7. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

After giving it some time to sit (although I don't think I will ever be able to fully judge this album objectively) my order is

Faces
    Watching Movies
    Swimming
    Good AM
    Circles
    Macadelic
    Divine Feminine
    KIDS
    Blue Slide Park
    I Love Life, Thank You
    Best Day Ever

Don't really listen to the first two tapes, and if I were including Delusional Thomas I'd put it above KIDS

Also listen to his live album Live From Space if you haven't, it's so good

8. Cmoney86

Trusted

this should debut at number 3 on the top 200

9. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

hate that i have yet to hear about 3 of those projects ranked there

10. CAC3

Dog

After more time with this record, it is easily my favorite version of Mac.

"Leave the bank, couple hundred thou" from Hand Me Downs is stuck in my head forever.

11. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

Giving this a shot

12. manoverboard365

Trusted

Good News debuted at #17 on the Hot 100. That's his highest charting song as a lead artist.

nohandstoholdonto and JBoch like this.
  13. JBoch

Trusted Supporter

Great job on the review! You hit the nail on the head with your feelings about “That’s on Me” being “slightly awkward” lol. I’ve been searching for a way to describe it since my first listen.

The comments section is a scary place on there though. YIKES.

14. good lord you weren’t kidding. that looks like an AP thread from 2009

JBoch likes this.
  15. Rowan5215

thanks JBoch, and yeah I stopped looking at that thread lmao - bunch of teenagers looking for attention, not worth my time

JBoch likes this.
  16. mad

I was right. Prestigious

24290948-346B-416A-A9CF-06A2991FE0A7.jpeg
    cafe by my work had this sign yesterday

CAC3, trevorshmevor and JBoch like this.
  17. btr

Trusted Supporter

Serh likes this.
  18. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

As much as I love this album I hope the deluxe songs are more rappy, would love to hear some more of that

He already has like 50+ leaked tracks too that are almost all studio quality

Rowan5215 likes this.
  19. Rowan5215

there's very few leaks from this era though, that have been positively identified. a lot has leaked from the GO:OD AM era (makes sense as he claimed to be recording ten albums in that time) as well as a few from Faces and The Divine Feminine sessions, and maybe one or two from the very early days

I think these tracks are the last of anything he recorded post-Swimming, most likely. I wouldn't expect them to be super hip hop but I might be wrong there ofc

20. This is the first Mac Miller album I’ve gotten into and it’s so fucking good. Upset I wasn’t into his music previously, but I’m glad I can dive into the rest of his stuff. Complicated is stuck in my head 24/7

trevorshmevor, CAC3, tdlyon and 2 others like this.
  21. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

I'd go back to Swimming first, then dive into the other shit. This album is pretty unlike all of his other stuff but Swimming is the closest

Christian Romero likes this.
  22. CAC3

Dog

Has anyone heard the bonus tracks yet?

23. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

Haven't been released yet anywhere as far as I know

24. Rowan5215

so yeah the bonus tracks are goddamn incredible, like on par with the best of the album for me

25. JBoch

Trusted Supporter

Bonus tracks only available on physical right now?