Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Mac DeMarco Band

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Aaron Mook, Mar 7, 2016.

1. Taken from Wikipedia: McBriare Samuel Lanyon "Mac" DeMarco (born Vernor Winfield McBriare Smith IV, April 30, 1990) is a Canadian singer-songwriter, multi-instrumentalist and producer. His style of music has been creatively described as "blue wave", "slacker rock", or self-described by DeMarco as the non-sequitur "jizz jazz".

2 is one of my favorite albums of all time and Salad Days is the most important album I've discovered at college, so yeah. New album probably coming this year.

2. suburban myth

Rock-n-Roll Pizzeria Prestigious

As much as I really dig 2 & salad days, I think his new EP is actually my favorite stuff from him. I really hope I can track down his RSD demo LP.

3. Woah, didn't see that! Link?

4. brandon_260

Trusted Prestigious

I wish Another One had stuck with me more. Absolutely love Salad Days though. It's a perfect record for sitting poolside in the summer.

5. suburban myth

6. suburban myth

Ah that's a bummer you didn't like it! I think A Heart Like Hers & the title track are two of my favorite songs I've heard from him, yet!

7. suburban myth

I just realize that the another one demos are on youtube - I'm gonna listen right now... but will still but the vinyl if I can find it.

8. Aaron Mook Jun 28, 2016
    (Last edited: Jun 30, 2016)
    First tattoo:teethsmile:so, so jazzed about it. Sorry it's sideways, not sure how to fix that.

tattoome.jpg

edit: nvm, i fixed that. heh.

9. RealVile

gotta be my favorite artist in music right now

Aaron Mook likes this.
  10. Really hoping he continues his "one album a year" trend, but only if he has it in him haha

God I'd like to catch another live set

12. Found this in a record store in Chicago over the weekend!

suburban myth likes this.
  13. suburban myth

Nice! How do you like it? I found it a couple months back & really like it!

Aaron Mook likes this.
  14. sdnyjns

I am not a robot

Find myself constantly playing the Another One EP at least once every couple days. It's probably my favorite project of his.

Aaron Mook likes this.
  15. I love it! Haha, I expected it to be more of a novelty tbh because I don't listen to the other demo albums very often at all but it's very relaxing. The last track(s), I think they're called "Zhe Doan," are amazing

suburban myth likes this.
  16. whitenblue88

The rivalry is back on

Aaron Mook and zmtr like this.
  17. I got into Mac with Salad Days and really enjoyed Another One, so I'm excited. I need to check out 2 now.

18. brandon_260

Trusted Prestigious

Hope I like the next more than Another One.

19. Yeahhhhh boiiiiiii

I'm always worried he doeant take enough time off for himself. Then again, writing and touring is really all he does

20. Steve_JustAGuy

Trusted

Salad Days is such a great track. Album is nice too.

Aaron Mook likes this.
  21. Collins

Trusted

2 is great. ode to viceroy is such a good track. but honestly, everything he does is really solid.

22. Joel

Trusted Prestigious

23. takingback1738

fuck mac demarco