Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Mac Demarco - This Old Dog (May 5, 2017) Album • Page 4

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Matt, Jan 31, 2017.

1. zmtr

Trusted

I'm loving this.

2. zmtr

Trusted

Wolf Who Wears Sheeps Clothing might be my favorite on first full listen. Dat riff

Aaron Mook likes this.
  3. zmtr

Trusted

This will go down as my favorite release of his.

Aaron Mook likes this.
  4. MFA

See you in hell, or see you when I see you. Prestigious

Yeah this album is great long live Mac

5. Still need to give this a listen, on my to do list today

6. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

Never listened to him before today, but this new album is really enjoyable. I'll have to go back and check out the rest at some point.

7. Drewski

Maybe so, maybe not.

I've been jamming since the leak. Still Beating and One More Love Song win out for best tracks for me. As usual, remarkably consistent and uniformly great work by Mac, and a nice sonic change of pace from the rest of his canon. Perfect for hazy summer days of course.

That being said, at this point I'd still put 2 and Salad Days above it. We'll see if that changes.

Aaron Mook likes this.
  8. Glad to see another contributor enjoying this!
    Have you tried the rest of this record yet? It's a lot closer to that track than his past material

9. This is really good. "One More Love Song" is an early favorite for me.

zmtr likes this.
  10. zmtr

Trusted

One More Love Song is sooooooooo good. Prolly the best hook he's ever had

Drewski likes this.
  11. sophos34

Prestigious Supporter

Contender, brandon_260 and Aaron Mook like this.
  12. Review is up: Mac DeMarco - This Old Dog • chorus.fm

I've grown with his music throughout my college career and I'm graduating tomorrow, so this album is giving me all kinds of feelings right now.

Contender and zmtr like this.
  13. brandon_260

Trusted Prestigious

sophos34 likes this.
  14. sophos34

Prestigious Supporter

this is immediately the most ive liked a mac album since 2. i liked salad days at the time but havent listened to it since it came out, didnt like another one, but this is real good. reminds me of kurt vile tbh

mattfreaksmeout, zmtr and Aaron Mook like this.
  15. radiodead

Trusted

That Alligator rating is one P4K probably wishes they could have back. When and if it's ever reissued I'd expect to see a 9-plus.

The National- Alligator 7.9
    Arcade Fire- Reflektor 9.2

Not separated by much, but those are 2 scores that have always stood out to me as....incorrect. Reflektor is pretty close to garbage, coming from a big AF fan.

16. Owlex

free snewt Prestigious

This is really nice. Perfect time of year for this too

Aaron Mook likes this.
  17. Collins

Trusted

Finally got around to this. Another good one from Mac. Really liking For the First Time and One Another

18. This was an interesting set, all new songs

Sebas likes this.
  19. zmtr

Trusted

new Take Away Show is fantastic as well

20. brandon_260

Trusted Prestigious

Yo they released more tix for his shows here this weekend so now I am seeing him Saturday aaaaaaaaah

21. Drewski

Maybe so, maybe not.

This one really just keeps getting better and better for me. :thumbup:

zmtr and Aaron Mook like this.
  22. This is firmly my second favorite of his at the moment, really enjoying it

23. Joel

Trusted Prestigious

In the wake of everything that's happened this week, I find it a little strange that nobody cares about Mac filming his friend jerking off in front of a bunch of minors. I had been listening to and enjoying the new album but deleted it today because in light of the PWR BTTM catistrophe, I don't really feel good about holding a double standard just because I like something and I'm a little curious why nobody else seems to mind or just totally skips over it. It'd be one thing if he admitted it was a mistake or whatever (I've done regrettable things in my life, and while not to that extent I wouldn't want my entire career to be judged on that basis) but the thing I can't get over is when someone on Reddit asked him if he remembered all he said was "yep". No apology, no accountability. Honestly just as smug as the PWR BTTM statement that had this whole site renouncing the band, yet this doesn't matter and I want to know why.
    Thoughts?

24. cwhit

still emperor emo Prestigious

yeah that Mac story has always stayed in the back of mind, his persona has always rubbed me the wrong way and this is the worst of that. also why I can't get into him ever

Joel likes this.
  25. Drewski

Maybe so, maybe not.

Actually didn't know that...oy.

Joel likes this.