Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Lydia Band • Page 9

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Ben Lee, Apr 12, 2016.

1. InExile

Regular

Kinda embarrassing but I don’t own a vinyl player, I only collect a few lol.

Also, I think it says on the package it’s an SRC pressing if that helps.

jordalsh likes this.
  2. InExile

Regular

I also agree old album art is better, but I already own the old pressing hehe.

jordalsh likes this.
  4. bedwettingcosmo

i like bands who can't sing good Supporter

kill me

5. zachmacD

Trusted

Ah, that sucks. I fell in love with this band in 2011 and have enjoyed everything they put out until Liquor. There were some good songs but I just couldn’t get into it. It didn’t seem like it did much for them either

6. totallysweet

Are we about to kiss?

That statement is real vague. Are they actually canceling a tour and not offering refunds?

beachdude and amorningofsleep like this.
  7. Ben Lee

I drink coffee and dad my kids Supporter

Interesting. Not clear whether they're breaking up or just not doing this tour. I enjoyed Devil and eventually came around hard to Run Wild, but I could not stand Liquor. In the lead up to it, Leighton had said something about going into the studio and finally being able to make the record he always wanted to make, but if this record is the future of Lydia, count me out.

Old and tired statement; but it's a real shame they could never get that Illuminate lineup back together. There was something really special happening with that group of people.

8. amorningofsleep

No-rope barbed wire Jones

I miss that guitar work so fucking much.

KalValor, daldalian and Ben Lee like this.
  9. ramres

Next Show: Panchiko -- 5/3

To be fair to them, it wasn't a headlining tour. They're cancelling a support slot.

10. totallysweet

Are we about to kiss?

got it. That makes more sense.

11. J.love

Regular

Love early Lydia and I do like Assailants and Paint It Golden. Devil has some songs i like but after that it's not for me. At all.

amorningofsleep likes this.
  12. InExile

Regular

Liquor was trash tbh but everything else by this band is gold. Sometimes a break will help a band refocus and put out good music again.

13. disambigujason

Trusted Supporter

Hot take obvi but I still think Liquor is a super fun listen and more consistent than run wild.

tshreve and beachdude like this.
  14. beachdude

I'm not brave Prestigious

Liquor isn’t NEARLY as bad as this thread makes it out to be. I mean I get it, it’s nothing like their old stuff which is what made most people fall in love with the band... but I still think it’s super enjoyable for what it is.

15. Mitch810

I made a Lydia fanpage on FB if anyone wants to join and geek out about the records. It seems all the other fan pages and tumblrs are dead now. I have a lot of rare material and demos to share so come check it out!

https://www.facebook.com/groups/583447878804647/

disambigujason and beachdude like this.
  16. Ben Lee

It’s fall in WI now, and Illuminate seems to be my go-to fall record. I’m always down for whatever he does, but I’m really hoping he patches shit up with Steve one day and we get another record like this.

17. Ben Lee

Edit: 30° and snowing in WI. This December spinning on my turntable hits the spot.

18. bedwettingcosmo

They back !?

ramres and astereo like this.
  19. atlas

Trusted

They certainly picked an odd time

bedwettingcosmo likes this.
  20. disambigujason

Trusted Supporter

Sounds good to me

21. anonimito

Abelian Supporter

22. disambigujason

Trusted Supporter

Im not huge on the chorus but overall I dig it

zachmacD and anonimito like this.
  23. amorningofsleep

No-rope barbed wire Jones

Sounds like something that would be playing in a Forever 21.

24. bedwettingcosmo

pretty meh on that song.

25. zachmacD

Trusted

I enjoyed it. I'm never a huge fan of the first single they release but that already sounds better than anything on Liquor