Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Lydia Band • Page 8

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Ben Lee, Apr 12, 2016.

1. ramres

Next Show: Panchiko -- 5/3

Their album Illuminate is praised a lot, so check that out if you're into a guitar-driven, 2000s indie sound. Otherwise, if you checked out their more recent, laid-back indie-pop stuff, Run Wild is a good representation of that.

2. disambigujason

Trusted Supporter

Love the new song. This more minimalist, yet dark tinged brand of pop is pretty much what I want from them nowadays.

ramres likes this.
  3. Rowan5215

An inconsequential shift as the continents drift.

I'm very late to the party here but I only just found out about the Illuminate bonus track despite that being one of my favourite albums of all time. the feeling of having a new song to jam from then is indescribably good

ramres and amorningofsleep like this.
  4. amorningofsleep

No-rope barbed wire Jones

I completely forgot about Your Taste.

Rowan5215 likes this.
  5. Rowan5215

it's so good, holy shit! it reminds me of some This December songwriting but with Illuminate's production quality and clarity. goddamn

6. Ben Lee

I drink coffee and dad my kids Supporter

Just making assumptions that this is the current lineup. Really bummed out that they couldn’t get the album lineup back together and make a grand tour out of it.

One of the few 10 year tours I woukd have jumped on right away.

7. ramres

I'm not too bummed about the limited dates. Glad I got to see their random Illuminate tour in 2014.

8. amorningofsleep

No-rope barbed wire Jones

Lol, a sequel to the Illuminate tour they did four years ago.

9. disambigujason

Trusted Supporter

The new art is really cool. I also got to see the first tour but it’d be cool to be there. The first time felt uninspired and they seemed really revitalized when I saw em last month.

10. daldalian

hopelessly yours, Alabama

I know I'm basically posting in a dead thread here, but it kills me how much they post on Instagram with Illuminate references but don't seem to care one bit about writing music or lyrics that are reminiscent of that era anymore.

amorningofsleep likes this.
  11. tshreve

Metalicca

Idk I think Liquor is essentially a perfect album for this band in 2018. I think their evolution with the times is really admirable and the songwriting is still great, delivering similar imagery just in a different context ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

12. bedwettingcosmo

i like bands who can't sing good Supporter

let it cover me up is the only good song on liquor.

SteveLikesMusic likes this.
  13. disambigujason

Trusted Supporter

Omg where were you when I was getting annihilated for defending it after release. Nailed it. It’s worst offense is just being bland at times; plenty else to like though.

As for the illuminate marketing, it’s a little disheartening to see em exploit it now but it’s no different than every other band hyping old stuff. Plus Sunlight and Red Lights sounded to me like leighton paying homage to those records

beachdude, tshreve and anonimito like this.
  14. ramres

disambigujason likes this.
  15. Rowan5215

that new cover is gorgeous. compare that to Liquor cover art lmao

disambigujason and Zac Djamoos like this.
  16. atlas

Trusted

just drunk bought this record and feel pretty good about my decision. This Is Twice Now and Stay Awake are two of the best songs ever written

17. totallysweet

Are we about to kiss?

New "Illuminate" cover is so beautiful. The "Devil" cover is one of the worst album covers I've ever seen. Makes me not even want to listen to the record.

18. dash64

This is my design

Whatever concept they were going for on that album cover definitely could have been done better. These two would have been alright:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

disambigujason likes this.
  19. dash64

This is my design

Alternate cover is so much better:
    [​IMG]

20. totallysweet

Are we about to kiss?

yeah. Their alt covers are way better.

21. Elder Lightning

A lightning bolt without a cloud in the sky Supporter

Hmmm, I already own Illuminate on vinyl, but I do love that cover . . .

22. Joe4th

Memories are nice, but that's all they are. Prestigious

Well I bought it, $36 is rough but it's one of my favorite albums

23. InExile

Regular

Kinda disappointed with the new Illuminate vinyl...the vinyl cover art does NOT look like the one pictured, it is exactly the same as the old one. It comes with a numbered poster with the new art. Kinda feel like this was false advertisement, but I can probably just sell it on eBay and make a few bucks.

amorningofsleep and Joe4th like this.
  24. the old art is better imo but i understand the disappointment

do the songs not bleed seamlessly like the SRC pressing?

amorningofsleep likes this.
  25. disambigujason

Trusted Supporter

Old art is better but since I have the old I would’ve bought this one almost exclusively for the new art. Definitely interpreted the sale as it coming with the new.