Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Lydia Band • Page 6

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Ben Lee, Apr 12, 2016.

1. disambigujason

Trusted Supporter

did states ever officially break up or did they just fade away? bc nothing gets me more excited for new lydia than some mindy speculation

2. ramres May 4, 2017
    (Last edited: May 4, 2017)
    ramres

Next Show: Panchiko -- 5/3

Nah, nothing has been said. Mindy posted this though about a year after Paradigm came out.

js977 likes this.
  3. Benjamin Lee

Trusted

Speaking of States... I think it's about time I actually gave States a good listen. haha

4. ramres

I'd recommend something but I don't feel strongly about any of their stuff. I like their debut EP the most though, "Line 'em Up"

Benjamin Lee likes this.
  5. Benjamin Lee

Trusted

Damn, that's the only thing I didn't just order. hahaha I remember liking them the couple times I listened to them though though. So I'm sure I'll enjoy Room to Run and Paradigm.

ramres likes this.
  6. Benjamin Lee

Trusted

Has anyone heard anything about the new Lydia album? I know they were recording, and said it would be out in fall. But haven’t heard anything since.

7. Benjamin Lee likes this.
  8. disambigujason

Trusted Supporter

No idea but I’ve been playing Illuminate a lot the past week. ‘Tis the season.

Benjamin Lee likes this.
  9. Benjamin Lee

Trusted

bradsonemanband likes this.
  10. Ben Lee

I drink coffee and dad my kids Supporter

They post IG stories that appear to be them still working on the record. I was really excited for it because Leighton had made the comment that he was finally able to make the record he always wanted to but from the clips they’ve shared it seems pretty run of the mill pop/rock, kinda like Devil.

11. bedwettingcosmo

i like bands who can't sing good Supporter

not expecting much grown from them at this point tbh, but run wild ended up being one of my favs of theirs

jorbjorb likes this.
  12. Ben Lee

My feelings too. Run Wild also really grew on me. Always holding out hope for another run with the illuminate lineup up though.

13. amorningofsleep

No-rope barbed wire Jones

If they get Steve back in the mix, I might actually enjoy them again.

14. Ben Lee

Anyone know if he’s doing anything?

15. amorningofsleep

I don't believe so. Hasn't touched his Saturn Hands project in years. Still upset we never got to hear it. Ethan did tell me years ago that he sent him it and it sounded absolutely crazy.

16. ramres

They appear to be filming a music video according to their Instagram story.

js977 likes this.
  17. ramres

Updated bio says formerly from States.

amorningofsleep likes this.
  18. disambigujason

Trusted Supporter

Ben spinning their whole discography like crazy this week. It’s finally getting cooler here, approaching peak leaf turn. It’s lydia season

SteveLikesMusic likes this.
  19. bedwettingcosmo

truly is lydia season. run wild is such a grower of a record. i've had it along with assailants in steady rotation

20. disambigujason

Trusted Supporter

i wanted to love run wild so much as a return to their autumn form, and i like it a lot, but i have some gripes.
    because I'm putting off studying:

when it gets dark out: adore the intro and verses; i think the chorus, while fine on its own, kills the vibe. way too cheery sounding.
    riverman: really good track
    late nights: solid song, fun listen
    paint my mind: far and away my least favorite songs on the record; hate the chorus, doesn't belong on the album
    sound of your dreams: possibly my favorite on run wild, brilliant chorus; exactly what i want out of lydia now
    past life: same as above, adore every second; the other potential favorite
    paper love: chorus brings it down a bit but another solid listen
    coffee drips: 3rd favorite; love the lyrics, love the atmosphere
    watching the lights: love the "oooh and the rain" in the chorus; not too exciting of a song but good nonetheless
    follow me down: i underrate this song; very illuminate-esque vocals
    georgia: love the intro, but 2nd least favorite chorus on the record; i just don't think leighton does these big synth-y choruses well at all. may be my own biases but they kill records for me haha

illuminate > paint > RW/devil; i think RW has higher highs but devil has no bad songs

21. amorningofsleep

You don't include Assailants or This December?

22. bedwettingcosmo

i think illuminate is their second best release after illuminate

23. amorningofsleep

It goes Illuminate > This December > Assailants, and everything else is just bleh.

jciswhatis likes this.
  24. Craig Ismaili

@tgscraig Prestigious

This is almost correct although there is a bigger gap between Illuminate and This December and I fux with Devil too.

25. disambigujason

Trusted Supporter

I was only going full lengths but damn, idk how I forgot December. It was late haha. Though aside from its in your blood and always move fast I don’t listen to that album much. I’m not sure where I’d put assailants. I’d rather do a song ranking than album ranking for Lydia haha