Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Lydia Band • Page 3

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Ben Lee, Apr 12, 2016.

1. Benjamin Lee

Trusted

I listened to Paint it Golden once and think Devil and Run Wild are better. I've never listened to Assailants or This December though.

Illuminate > Devil > Run Wild > Paint it Golden

2. austindavispdx

Still on this side of the grass

Paint It Golden is definitely a grower. And you're really messing up by not listening to those two.

3. Leftandleaving

I will be okay. everything Supporter

Some days PIG is my favorite Lydia album.

Everyday Devil is my least.

4. Craig Ismaili

@tgscraig Prestigious

Paint It Golden is absolute garbage.

Ben Lee likes this.
  5. Ben Lee

I drink coffee and dad my kids Supporter

This December is such a great record!

6. austindavispdx

Definitely agree about Devil.

You're crazy. It's easily better than Devil and Run Wild.

Michealrogers and Zac Djamoos like this.
  7. Ben Lee

Run Wild is so catchy. Way better in my opinion. I found PIG so boring.

8. Benjamin Lee

Trusted

I didn't hate it, I just don't end up listening to music as much if I don't have CD/vinyl of it. Just because of time and such. I'll probably check out the other two eventually.

I think I heard one song and wasn't totally a fan, but I'll definitely check it out eventually in full.

austindavispdx likes this.
  9. austindavispdx

There's so much more to PIG than Devil and Run Wild combined. I feel like Leighton got a little too comfortable with the typical verse-chorus-verse-chorus structure with the last two. I still like those albums but all the others are much more interesting. PIG has different structures, different time signatures, way more in depth lyrics, guitar was still prominent back then...

Zac Djamoos and amorningofsleep like this.
  10. Ferrari333SP

Prestigious Supporter

They were great last night; band seemed really happy to play there, and the crowd was giving them plenty of love as well. Not sure if the keyboardist and drummer are just touring members or now permanent members of the band, but they all played great

[​IMG]

austindavispdx likes this.
  11. Ferrari333SP

Prestigious Supporter

And they were selling Run Wild last night for $2, so I picked it up (having not listened to it through once before), and I'm really liking it; lots of positive vibes in all the songs

jorbjorb likes this.
  12. austindavispdx

The keyboardist and the other guitarist are permanent members, the drummer and bassist are touring members. Glad to hear they were good. They were really good when I saw them last week too. The sound was much better than a couple previous shows since they have their own sound guy this tour.

13. bedwettingcosmo

i like bands who can't sing good Supporter

damn super surprised to see paint it golden was so ill received. imo it has some of their best songs. hailey, skin+bones, and birds are top tier lydia tracks for me.

14. amorningofsleep Jun 1, 2016
    (Last edited: Jun 1, 2016)
    amorningofsleep

No-rope barbed wire Jones

I'll take back my opinion on it. Out of the post-Steve era Lydia, PiG wasn't too bad. There is some songs on there that I actually enjoy.

15. bedwettingcosmo

also any fan of assailants should make sure to check out the 2012 acoustics ep. couple of gorgeous moments there

16. austindavispdx

I'm kinda surprised too. I love it. I think it came out at a weird time, right after everyone thought they were broken up. Was forgotten or looked over and not listened to much.

17. Guys Named Todd

Regular Prestigious

Anyone that's been to one of their shows, were they selling vinyl?

18. Ferrari333SP

Prestigious Supporter

From what I remember while briefly at the merch table, I'm fairly certain I saw a Run Wild vinyl on sale

Guys Named Todd likes this.
  19. bedwettingcosmo

Benjamin Lee likes this.
  20. Benjamin Lee

Trusted

Man, hardly feels like any time has passed since Run Wild. Always excited for new Lydia though.

21. Ben Lee

Bring Steve back. Or just give me any Steve.

22. ramres

Next Show: Panchiko -- 5/3

Think they're gonna release a deluxe edition of Run Wild first or something like that. They were in a recording session with an orchestra a few months back featuring some Run Wild songs.

23. Ferrari333SP

Prestigious Supporter

Last tour must have gone so well that they wanted to get back to recording quickly

24. disambigujason

Trusted Supporter

Lydia is one of my all time favorite bands but they were the first band to ever truly underwhelm me live. I feel like I'd enjoy their shows so much more if it was just Leighton playing acoustic.
    That said, I'll always see em when they're in town and I'll buy everything Leighton puts out.

25. bedwettingcosmo

ramres likes this.