Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Lydia Band

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Ben Lee, Apr 12, 2016.

1. Ben Lee

I drink coffee and dad my kids Supporter

Lydia is an indie rock band from Gilbert, Arizona, formed in 2003.

Current members
    • Leighton Antelman – lead vocals, guitar
    • Matt Keller – keyboard, guitar, bass guitar, programming
    • Justin Camacho – guitar
    Former members
    • Dustin Forsgren – bass guitar, vocals
    • Maria Sais De Sicilia – vocals, keyboard
    • Loren Brinton – drums
    • Evan Arambul – bass guitar
    • Ethan Koozer – guitar
    • Jed Dunning – bass guitar
    • Mindy White – vocals, keyboard
    • Steve McGraw – guitar
    • Craig Taylor – drums
    Studio Albums
    • This December; It's One More and I'm Free (2005)
    • Illuminate (2008)
    • Paint It Golden (2011)
    • Devil (2013)
    • Run Wild (2015)

jorbjorb likes this.
  2. Ben Lee

Probably my favorite song off the latest record. Love "Past Lives" too.

jorbjorb likes this.
  3. austindavispdx

Still on this side of the grass

Haha former members makes me laugh. I love "Past Lives" but my favorite is probably "Watching the Lights." The bridge is very Illuminate-esque and I love the chorus.

4. austindavispdx

I suppose we should do this...

Illuminate > This December > Paint It Golden > Assailants > Run Wild > Devil

*Assailants right there only cause it's so much shorter than Paint It Golden but those could be flipped.

5. Ben Lee

This December > Illuminate > Assailants > Run Wild > Devil > Paint it Golden.

Michealrogers likes this.
  6. austindavispdx

Really? Damn. I still think Paint It Golden is underrated. The last four songs especially are really strong.

7. ramres

Next Show: Panchiko -- 5/3

@Ben Lee love what you said in the pvris thread about separating the band who made the first 3 releases from the more recent material. Both sides are great on their own and that's why I still love them.

Illuminate > This December > Paint It Golden > Assailants > Devil > Run Wild

8. ReginaPhilange

Trusted Prestigious

Haven't really kept up with these guys since Assailants. I come back to Illuminate pretty frequently.

9. Ben Lee

To be honest, it's because I've never really sat down with that record. I came back to Lydia at Devil.

10. austindavispdx

Gotcha. Well if you can, spend some time(s) with it. It's definitely a grower but it's heavier-sounding, pretty passionate at times, deep and dark at times. I don't know, Devil and Run Wild just sound a lot lighter in comparison. All aside from This December and Illuminate. Doesn't get much more heavy/deep/dark than those, ha.

Youarcade likes this.
  11. jorbjorb

7 rings

Their latest album got my attention. I really liked it. I was not feeling their older stuff though.

12. Neon Light

rage and love

I saw them open for Cartel a few years ago. I don't remember being too excited about them.

13. Ben Lee

I saw them back when Devil first came out, and it was okay. I was expecting more because I had watched videos for so many years of that large live band they once had. Since they've deconstructed that, they lost their footing live.

14. thesoftskeleton

Trusted

Illuminate is a great album but sometimes its hard for me to get through it emotionally. My attention for this band kinda dwindled away after assailants so maybe ill give some of the newer stuff a listen.

15. amorningofsleep

No-rope barbed wire Jones

Haven't been able to get into anything post-Assailants. I miss Steve.

16. austindavispdx

I wish you could have seen them with that lineup during the Illuminate run. It was something special. I gotta give the new lineup credit though- on the Illuminate Tour when they played the whole thing, it sounded pretty damn good.

Although I'll probably always be a big fan, I agree. Since Steve has been gone the guitars have been a lot less prominent.

17. tshreve

Metalicca

Illuminate > all

18. HalfHearted

Regular

Not familiar with all of their releases, but Illuminate is one of my all time favorite albums.

19. OotyPa

fall away Supporter

Illuminate > Assailants > Paint it Golden > This December > Devil > Run Wild

20. Meerkat

human junk drawer Prestigious

Illuminate is definitely a special album. Everything hits perfectly. Having Mindy White really helped elevate everything

21. austindavispdx

Nice. Cool to see some love for Paint It Golden. I think it's so underrated. And I really wish they would press Assailants. I love it and it's the only one I don't have. Other than re-buying Illuminate from the band once they do that, cause SRCs pressing of it is absolutely horrible.

22. OotyPa

fall away Supporter

Assailants might be equal to Illuminate for me actually

23. amorningofsleep

I'm actually upset that Assailants only ended up being an EP. There were some amazing tracks that didn't make the cut.

24. OotyPa

fall away Supporter

Where did you hear those songs?

25. amorningofsleep

These were confirmed by ex-members/people close to the band to be demos from the Assailants sessions.

I fucking love the ending to "Robot Love".