Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Lydia - Liquor (July 13, 2018) Album • Page 2

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by amorningofsleep, Mar 8, 2018.

1. I’ve still liked the last few albums, but these two songs are not good

2. disambigujason

Trusted Supporter

Both songs are splendid

3. The album’s even worse ... :-/

4. SteveLikesMusic

approx. 3rd coolest Steve on here Supporter

Sunlight is trash.

5. daldalian

hopelessly yours, Alabama

Breaking my heart man. I'm pretty surprised there wasn't a news post about the new video, but I wasn't a fan of the song anyway.

It's depressing, Leighton's voice sounds better than ever but they've moved so far away from making music that I want to listen to.

bedwettingcosmo likes this.
  6. disambigujason

Trusted Supporter

I’m surprised people don’t like the new tracks. They have this dark vibe i thought people wanted and I love the instrumentation. Sound nothing like the cinema.

beachdude42 likes this.
  7. vidiviciveni

Trusted

I feel like I'd have liked that song more without the video

8. SteveLikesMusic

approx. 3rd coolest Steve on here Supporter

It’s the lyrics that are the issue for me.

bedwettingcosmo and daldalian like this.
  9. daldalian

Exactly my issue as well. I'd have no issue with the instrumentation but the lyrics are so predictable and nothing like the Lydia of old, which unfortunately I'm going to compare it to forever.

10. disambigujason

Trusted Supporter

They’d not his most original but I thought they seemed right in line stylistically with his older stuff. Certainly not bad enough to take away from how much I love the piano and vocal melodies.

beachdude42 likes this.
  11. White

Cum for the Cum God. Prestigious

Does anyone know what happened between the band and Steve? I've never seen a band go downhill so dramatically after one departure. I mean I still like all their albums, but Illuminate is so massively a cut above everything else it's remarkable.

12. heartsdietoo

Do you consider it to be better or worse than “Run Wild”? Also, is the rest of it better or worse than the released singles in your opinion?

13. bedwettingcosmo

i like bands who can't sing good Supporter

jeez this album is gonna be awful.

14. daldalian

I can't even finish that. This hurts my heart.

15. disambigujason

Trusted Supporter

I think they’re 3 for 3 on the singles

Toner, beachdude42 and you vandal like this.
  16. White

Cum for the Cum God. Prestigious

What in god's fuck happened to this band?

17. I guess this is what touring with Moose Blood gets you.

bedwettingcosmo likes this.
  18. daldalian

"One More Day" came up on my shuffle yesterday. I stared at the windshield and wished I could understand why they'd ever move away from that sound. I know the members are completely different at this point but they should have changed the name if they weren't even going to try to be the same band. I get more irrationally bitter about this with every album they release.

19. Vase Full Of Rocks

Trusted Supporter

Agreed. Boring as heck.

20. bedwettingcosmo

i like bands who can't sing good Supporter

i've found something to like about everything they've put out. i think this might finally be the record that changes that.

21. jakeryandesigns

This album was done way before they toured with Moose Blood.

Carrow likes this.
  22. disambigujason

Trusted Supporter

I’ve been listening to Sunlight a lot despite generally trying not to overplay before release day. Every second of that song is infectious and classic leighton.

beachdude42 likes this.
  23. InExile

Regular

I like everything this band has done leading up to Liquor, but this is a fucking train wreck of an album, it’s really bad and feels uninspired.

amorningofsleep likes this.
  24. Jusscali

Synth-Bop Enthusiast Prestigious

Still want to hear this...can’t believe it’s out without any real interest

25. disambigujason

Trusted Supporter

I’m halfway through and I really like it. The lyrics aren’t as good as I’d like but I’m still shocked people haven’t liked the sound. Love the dark aura, love that they toned down the synth and upped the piano. If we couldn’t have another Illuminate I assumed this is what people would want from a poppier Lydia.