Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Lydia Announce New Album

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Nov 2, 2020.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

Lydia will release their new album, I Was Someone Else, on November 20th. Today they’ve shared the new song “Heavy.”

more

Not all embedded content is displayed here. You can view the original to see embedded videos, tweets, etc.

2. billyboatman

Hopelessly Hopeful

I'm always, ALWAYS down for new Lydia.

anonimito and disambigujason like this.
  3. zachmacD

Trusted

This song and vhs are way better than anything off the last album.

liquor has maybe 4 songs that I like

4. Jusscali

Synth-Bop Enthusiast Prestigious

Liquor was a disgrace. This is a bit better - I like the atmosphere or the song, but the chorus is meh. Still look forward to new Lydia.

zachmacD likes this.
  5. billyboatman

Hopelessly Hopeful

I didn't think liquor was that bad.. I liked about half the album, but VHS and this are pretty good.

6. zachmacD

Trusted

Not sure if anyone else watched the livestream but Justin, who used to play guitar and recorded Devil/Run Wild with them, returned for this album.

I have high hopes for this

7. transrebel59

Regular

I loved Liquor :-|

billyboatman likes this.
  8. disambigujason

Trusted Supporter

Liquor was great. Their most consistent release since paint it golden, though admittedly a bit generic.

heavy is great too. Chorus could be better but I love this art-pop direction.

thechetearly likes this.
  9. RaginCajun

Better than you, sorry

this was pretty good. The production could be better. This is what I wanted out of Copeland on their last release. I mean, I got it on Lay Here, and Night Figures, but then the rest was meh. Hopefully Lydia can do what Copeland failed to do. I'm crossing my fingers but still not expecting too much. But I'm glad after all these years I finally liked something from Lydia.

10. billyboatman

Hopelessly Hopeful

WHAT! Copeland's last album is amazing..

11. Ska Senanake

Trusted

Blushing might have been their best release! Has huge Kid A vibes.

anonimito and billyboatman like this.
  12. RaginCajun

Better than you, sorry

for the longest time Hospital and Some Will Seek were the best thing Aaron had done in my opinion...and it was for lydia and underoath. I liked 2 or 3 songs on Blushing, but I think if they went more that Lay Here and Night Figures route it would have been a massive album. I think he's too talented to cater to a small indie fan base. He deserves a bigger audience.