Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Lydia – “The Sound in Your Dream” Video

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, May 11, 2016.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

2. Ferrari333SP

Prestigious Supporter

Great song, great video

3. K0ta

wrap yourself in petals for armor.

This was beautiful. Was not expecting all the feels, but silly me it's Lydia.

austindavispdx likes this.
  4. disambigujason

Trusted Supporter

Album disappointed me a little after how much I loved the first single, but this song is up there with their best, and the video is great too.

5. GageStillAlive

Still Alive Supply Co. Supporter

I'm disappointed that I couldn't get into Run Wild like I got into Devil. I really like this song though.

6. billyboatman

Hopelessly Hopeful

Favorite song off the record.

7. austindavispdx

Still on this side of the grass

Maybe you still could? It's kind of a grower. I like Run Wild more than Devil. Especially songs like Past Life, Watching the Lights, Follow Me Down remind me of the older stuff.

Really like this song and video too.

js977 likes this.
  8. SteveLikesMusic

approx. 3rd coolest Steve on here Supporter

Nice, this is one of the best songs on Run Wild.

9. jorbjorb

7 rings

this is my favorite song from my fave album by these guys.

10. zigbigwig

I Miss Jake W Prestigious

I am one album behind. Can't believe I didn't find out they released something last year.

Beautiful song.

jorbjorb likes this.
  11. redwing91007

Next Show - Foals April 22nd

First time I'm hearing this band, so far I like. Going to see them open on the Pvris tour, any recommendations?

12. austindavispdx

Their new album is probably the poppiest stuff they've done. All their albums are good. Illuminate is the best. I could go on and on about how good it is and all the emotions associated, but I'll just leave it at that.

13. austindavispdx

What's another or a couple others? I always like knowing which songs people like from that album. Seems all over the place.

14. redwing91007

Listening to Devil now and I'm digging it. I'll throw on Illuminate later but I want to make sure I'm listening to material they still play live. any idea what their recent setlists look like? Setlist.fm wasn't much help.

15. SteveLikesMusic

approx. 3rd coolest Steve on here Supporter

Past Life, Coffee Drips. I've really warmed up to the whole album though, which took a while to happen.

js977 and austindavispdx like this.
  16. austindavispdx

Hard to say since they're not headlining this tour, and they mix it up quite a bit. Probably mostly Run Wild and Devil stuff. They usually always play "This Is Twice Now" and "Hospital" from Illuminate. Leighton, singer/guitarist, is the only original member now so they (very sadly) don't play too much from before Devil.

17. redwing91007

I think it's a good starting point, I'll try and put together a Spotify playlist of their frequently played stuff.

18. austindavispdx

I hear that quite a bit, and that's good. I really like it except for "Paint My Mind" I just don't like those type of songs. Like the Devil b-sides or "Hurry Back Tonight" just... ehh. But "Coffee Drips" is so good, I wish it was longer.

19. disambigujason

Trusted Supporter

Ah completely agree. I always have to skip over paint my mind. So grating.

20. daldalian

hopelessly yours, Alabama

"Coffee Drips" has so much damn potential. If it had more room to breathe it would probably be the best song on the album. "Past Life" is damn good too but the album as a whole really disappointed me, not that I have much hope for them to ever return to the Lydia they once were. At this point I truly wish Leighton had dropped the name after Assailants.

To the people asking where to start, Illuminate is hands down one of the most beautiful records I've ever heard and I also love the songs on their debut album, This December. Sadly it seems they'll never touch that level of amazing again.

austindavispdx likes this.
  21. austindavispdx

100% agree. And my sentiments are the same toward Illuminate + a lot more. It even takes up half of my right arm (yeah, I know, I'm one of those). I also feel the same way about not much room for a lot of songs to breathe on Devil and Run Wild. It's my personal opinion he got too into The Cinema mindset/formula. BUT regarding the name, that's actually Craig's fault. Starting with Paint It Golden (which I really love) Leighton was planning to just use his name moving forward but Craig convinced him to keep using the Lydia name. And he's not even in the band anymore haha.

js977 likes this.
  22. Bartek T.

D'oh! Prestigious

That was one of my favorite songs from "Run Wild"! The video's cool, although didn't bring anything ground-breaking of course, however, I liked the fast changes of the double-expositioned images.

@redwing91007 nevermind if they play it live or not, just try out listening to "Illuminate", as a form of something separate, that was a great album all in all! :)

23. redwing91007

Spun it a few times over the weekend, very solid.

24. Bartek T.

D'oh! Prestigious

Good to hear! ;D I'll take a throwback listen soon enough too, I always enjoy going back to those songs.