Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Lydia – “Might Get Lost Out Here”

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Nov 16, 2020.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

2. Jusscali

Synth-Bop Enthusiast Prestigious

Nah

3. Leftandleaving

I will be okay. everything Supporter

yeah no thx

4. theasteriskera

Trusted Supporter

While I'm not as critical as a lot of their fan base towards the direction Lydia has gone, this still feels extremely safe; we all know how talented this band is, I'd love to see them do something out of their comfort zone

falafelmywaffle and zachmacD like this.
  5. zachmacD Nov 16, 2020
    (Last edited: Nov 16, 2020)
    zachmacD

Trusted

This is definitely my least favorite of the 3 songs released so far. I really hate the way he says “honey” in this one haha

With that said, I'm still looking forward to the album though. I’ve been listening them pretty frequently the last few weeks

6. zachmacD

Trusted

While I agree it's safe, they are going to be criticized no matter what they put out unless it's illuminate 2.0.

My main complaint with them is I don't feel like Leighton has really grown as a songwriter. I love his voice, but I feel like he uses a lot of the same phrases over and over and in general, just sings about the same thing. I really hope all this time they took away from the band is going to make for an interesting album. Not holding my breath though

7. disambigujason

Trusted Supporter

I think this is one of the more fair criticisms I’ve seen of them lately. I loved liquor and heavy, (gonna hold off on this one) but I think they’re so close to another career album. Gimme an album full of the art pop in sunlight, red lights, sound of your dreams, past life, etc.