Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Lydia – “Let It Cover Me Up” Video

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Jul 17, 2018.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

2. J.love

Regular

Ah great. The Cinema has released a video.

3. Bartek T.

D'oh! Prestigious

I actually really enjoy this new record, even just for what it is. The video does nothing for me though.

disambigujason and zachmacD like this.
  4. zachmacD

Trusted

on first listen, it seemed like it lacked depth but after spending time with each song individually I'm liking it more and more. I also just like listening to Leighton sing, but I think this is a great record.

Lydia has been making indie pop pretty much since 2011 so most of their career has been since Illuminate. That's a great record, but it's annoying that people still comment on their music wishing it sounded like Illuminate or claiming that it sounds like The Cinema. The cinema hasn't put out anything in 4 years and there's just as many Lydia albums that are indie pop

5. Bartek T.

D'oh! Prestigious

Totally agree. It's impossible to recreate that, you can always go and listen to Gates, where Ethan Koozer plays the guitar as well, and he played in Lydia during that era hahh ;D and well with Lydia right now, it's better to cherish it for what it is.